So a gas freak out is going on?

Kinnakeet

I've owned a long list of what are now defined as "collector cars"...I'm soon 63 years old. While of course I wish I had some or all of them today, I was never "wealthy" and each one got sold or traded off for the next over the years....

At the top of my "wish I coulda kept them" list: 1970 Road Runner, 2-speed, 440-6 pack. 1957 Bel Air with 1967 Corvette 327-365, 4 speed. 1963 Cadlillac El Dorado convertible., 1972 Pantera, numerous 66-77 Broncos

On the flip side, I recently came across a 1927 Dodge Brothers "Fast Four" coupe up for auction that was identical in every respect to the one I restored back in the late 70s/early 80s. It sold for only $6500!...mine was valued at a lot more than that over 40 years ago. Values change as tastes and collector "wants" change over time.
Road Runner was it a A12 car? I think the trans is a misprint

stgislander

PREMO Member
I learned to use a sextant to shoot horizontal angles. Used to set buoys back in the 80's/90's before GPS and dynamic positioning became big. Never for celestial navigation though.

black dog

Free America
I learned to use a sextant to shoot horizontal angles. Used to set buoys back in the 80's/90's before GPS and dynamic positioning became big. Never for celestial navigation though.

Long ago I have an anchored next to bouy tenders and pile drivers for the night along the southern inter-coastal.
Lots of laughs with the coasties...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My grandfather taught me how to use his WWII-issue sextant for navigation. Lost that beautiful instrument along with everything else in the house fire.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I would have thought that was part of his compensation package. Just like Gilligan let's me use the company dumpster. Which by the way is right next to the Employee of the Month parking spot.
You've occupied that spot long enough that I've decided to replace that faded out sign with one that says: "Employee of the Decade"

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Went to Giant in Lusby yesterday around 3pm and there was a tanker filling the tanks. Decided to top off after getting groceries. They were only allowing you to get 20 gallons.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I'm sure Waze is as well ... I always get prompted

' are you sitting in Gas Station '
Weird. I have been using Waze for years and never seen that. The only prompts I get are asking if I am sitting in traffic. I wish we could answer and say, "No dummy. I am at a traffic light." :rolleyes:

stgislander

PREMO Member
I see 87 gasoline is up to $2.99/gal at the Callaway Shell. So does it continue up or is this just a blip? If up, time to sit back and watch the economy tank... again.