So....Ahmaud Arbery....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

He's the black guy who was jogging (or running from a crime, depending on who you ask) when three white guys rolled up on him and ended up shooting him to death.

Supposedly Georgia law allows civilians to detain a person caught committing a burglary or other crime until police can arrive. This is what the defense is going with. The problem is that none of these yahoos actually saw Arbery committing a crime.

Arbery has a criminal record for burglary.
He wasn't wearing jogging clothes when he was killed.
His ma say he a goot boah, which is a sure sign that he was a shitbag.

Does any of that matter? I mean, probably good riddance to him just from what's being reported, but for these three boneheads to chase him down and shoot him.....yeah, not feelin' it. I predict the attackers will be convicted easily and quickly.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
What I don't understand is the attempted kidnapping charge. If I remember right, he "jogged" up to them standing in the middle of the street. They didn't go after him and grab him.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What I don't understand is the attempted kidnapping charge. If I remember right, he "jogged" up to them standing in the middle of the street. They didn't go after him and grab him.

My understanding is that they chased him down and forcibly detained him. I'd have to go back over it all....... I'm thinking that they chased him down, he stopped to confront them, they pulled a gun on him, he tried taking it from them, and they shot him. But I might have that wrong.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My understanding is that they chased him down and forcibly detained him. I'd have to go back over it all....... I'm thinking that they chased him down, he stopped to confront them, they pulled a gun on him, he tried taking it from them, and they shot him. But I might have that wrong.
Sounds about right.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Oh, ok. I thought that was what the news was saying but the video showed otherwise. Might have gotten it confused with another one.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
He had been observed exiting an unoccupied home that was undergoing a renovation. But if I recall correctly, it was none of the guys that chased him down and ultimately shot him that made the observations of the home he'd gone in to.

herb749

He's the black guy who was jogging (or running from a crime, depending on who you ask) when three white guys rolled up on him and ended up shooting him to death.

Supposedly Georgia law allows civilians to detain a person caught committing a burglary or other crime until police can arrive. This is what the defense is going with. The problem is that none of these yahoos actually saw Arbery committing a crime.

Arbery has a criminal record for burglary.
He wasn't wearing jogging clothes when he was killed.
His ma say he a goot boah, which is a sure sign that he was a shitbag.

Does any of that matter? I mean, probably good riddance to him just from what's being reported, but for these three boneheads to chase him down and shoot him.....yeah, not feelin' it. I predict the attackers will be convicted easily and quickly.

Yep, jogging in work boots. The father & son duo stopped him. The 3rd guy was charged with forcing him towards them. Dad was a retired sheriff or worked in law enforcement.

Smokey1

On the video I saw Arbery goes after the gun which is always a bad move unless you're James Bond or something. If someone goes after your gun you pretty much have to shoot them.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
On the video I saw Arbery goes after the gun which is always a bad move unless you're James Bond or something. If someone goes after your gun you pretty much have to shoot them.
Seems like a clear cut case of self defense to me. :sshrug:

phreddyp

Yep, jogging in work boots. The father & son duo stopped him. The 3rd guy was charged with forcing him towards them. Dad was a retired sheriff or worked in law enforcement.
Work boots huh ? Where did you glean that information Washington Post ?

phreddyp

I been watching videos for the last 20 minutes all reports say he was wearing running shoes . The rebuttal says he was wearing timberland boots and had a hammer in his hand neither of which I can confirm . Please send me your link.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I been watching videos for the last 20 minutes all reports say he was wearing running shoes . The rebuttal says he was wearing timberland boots and had a hammer in his hand neither of which I can confirm . Please send me your link.

The video I saw, he was wearing Timberlands or something like it. He's not wearing anything that suggests he was "out for a jog", unless that's a euphemism for "running from the house I was in illegally".

That he's a shitbag isn't up for debate - his arrest record has already been made public. What's in question is whether the three retnex were legally right to A) chase and detain him; and B) shoot him when he resisted. My take is the prosecutor should get an easy conviction on all three, which is why they're now bandying around hate crime charges to politicize it and not let it go to waste.

phreddyp

The video I saw, he was wearing Timberlands or something like it. He's not wearing anything that suggests he was "out for a jog", unless that's a euphemism for "running from the house I was in illegally".

That he's a shitbag isn't up for debate - his arrest record has already been made public. What's in question is whether the three retnex were legally right to A) chase and detain him; and B) shoot him when he resisted. My take is the prosecutor should get an easy conviction on all three, which is why they're now bandying around hate crime charges to politicize it and not let it go to waste.
Yeah it's kinda hard to claim self defense when you have a gun and the other guy is unarmed , now if he had gotten the gun away from the son and the dad shot him the narrative would be somewhat different.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yeah it's kinda hard to claim self defense when you have a gun and the other guy is unarmed , now if he had gotten the gun away from the son and the dad shot him the narrative would be somewhat different.

It's not so much that he was unarmed as they were chasing him. I'm pretty sure you can't claim self-defense when the guy you and your two buddies are aggressively chasing in a truck with a gun fights back.