So....Ahmaud Arbery....

Kinnakeet

He's the black guy who was jogging (or running from a crime, depending on who you ask) when three white guys rolled up on him and ended up shooting him to death.

Supposedly Georgia law allows civilians to detain a person caught committing a burglary or other crime until police can arrive. This is what the defense is going with. The problem is that none of these yahoos actually saw Arbery committing a crime.

Arbery has a criminal record for burglary.
He wasn't wearing jogging clothes when he was killed.
His ma say he a goot boah, which is a sure sign that he was a shitbag.

Does any of that matter? I mean, probably good riddance to him just from what's being reported, but for these three boneheads to chase him down and shoot him.....yeah, not feelin' it. I predict the attackers will be convicted easily and quickly.
he wont rob anyone anymore
and I bet his moms said he dint du nuffins

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
he wont rob anyone anymore
and I bet his moms said he dint du nuffins

I already said that he's not one of our stellar citizens and no great loss. The issue is whether or not vigilante groups (which is what these guys were) should be allowed to not only chase after people they "suspect" of committing a crime, but then shoot them when they "resist".

I don't care who it is, I still say big nope. The consequences of such a decision are overwhelmingly negative. Think about that power in the hands of Leftist groups.....

You all are only thinking about the people you'd shoot to death if given free reign. You're not thinking of all the people who'd want to shoot you.

Smokey1

Smokey, you should really put IANAL on your posts because you give the worst legal advice. You cannot claim self defense if you are the aggressor and especially not if you are committing a crime (like chasing someone with a gun). I believe the only instance where you may be able to claim defense is if the other party escalated the situation, as in you punch them and they pull a gun on you.

My argument is not legal, its based on the natural right to life and the common sense to know that if someone is physically fighting you for a gun you are holding its a good idea not to let them have it even if it means shooting them. Might be murder under the law but I would rather be charged with murder and fight it in court then to be dead at the hands of the person trying to grab the gun.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My argument is not legal, its based on the natural right to life and the common sense to know that if someone is physically fighting you for a gun you are holding its a good idea not to let them have it even if it means shooting them. Might be murder under the law but I would rather be charged with murder and fight it in court then to be dead at the hands of the person trying to grab the gun.

Or perhaps you could simply not grab your buddies and and gun and go chasing after someone. That seems the easier route to take, IMHO.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Former Georgia district attorney Jackie Johnson criminally charged over investigation into Ahmaud Arbery shooting death

A former district attorney in Georgia was indicted Thursday on charges of violating her oath of office and obstructing a police officer in connection with an investigation into the killing of Ahmaud Arbery, a Black jogger who was gunned down after three white men chased him in trucks.

Former Brunswick Judicial Circuit top prosecutor Jackie Johnson is accused of showing favor to one defendant in the killing, retired police officer Greg McMichael, 65, who had worked for her as an investigator.

The grand jury indictment says Johnson recommended the appointment of another county’s prosecutor to handle the case without revealing that she had previously sought the assistance of that prosecutor in the Arbery investigation.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Ahmaud Arbery Trial: Join Our LIVE Coverage Starting Monday, October 18

This Monday, October 18, 2021, the “Ahmaud Arbery” trial is scheduled to begin—a full 18 months after the shooting death of Arbery on February 23, 2020–and our live coverage of this trial, along with end-of-day summaries and legal analysis, will begin the same moment the trial itself begins.

Of course, it’s not the deceased Arbery who is on trial, but rather the three men involved in his pursuit following Arbery’s apparent felony burglary of a neighborhood home. Those three men include Greg McMichael and Travis McMichael (father and son, in the pursuing pickup truck), and William “Roddy” Bryan (whose video of the final confrontation would explode the case to national attention and prompt the charges against all three men).

Legal Insurrection has kindly sponsored me to cover this trial in real-time, as it occurs, with a daily LIVE post including live commenting by myself to keep you informed of events at trial as they proceed.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This will be interesting, so I hope I remember to follow it. It still confounds me that anyone would think these three nitwits were in the right.

ProLifePatriot

The way I see it is, UNLESS someone is a Law Enforcement Officer apprehending a criminal, defending against a criminal or a civilian LAWFULLY protecting themselves, another person, their family, home or property etc... against a criminal / aggressor, IF someone pulls a gun or any weapon for that matter or threatens an attack of any kind against a NON combatant, that someone is showing what's called Intent! If someone Intends to inflict harm in any manner or death on a NON combatant, that NON combatant has the LAWFUL right to defend themselves.
With that said, I do agree with Vrail that because of the decisions made, there are a few less idiots on the street including a known repetitive criminal.

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I already said that he's not one of our stellar citizens and no great loss. The issue is whether or not vigilante groups (which is what these guys were) should be allowed to not only chase after people they "suspect" of committing a crime, but then shoot them when they "resist".

I don't care who it is, I still say big nope. The consequences of such a decision are overwhelmingly negative. Think about that power in the hands of Leftist groups.....

You all are only thinking about the people you'd shoot to death if given free reign. You're not thinking of all the people who'd want to shoot you.
I can’t think of a single person that given a free pass I’d shoot. Maybe I’m wishy washy, but I can’t hold onto a hate past about a week.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I can’t think of a single person that given a free pass I’d shoot. Maybe I’m wishy washy, but I can’t hold onto a hate past about a week.

Psh, I have a list a mile long. Whether I'd actually do it or not....but I'd like to have the option. :jet:

black dog

Free America
Ahmaud Arbery Trial: Join Our LIVE Coverage Starting Monday, October 18

This Monday, October 18, 2021, the “Ahmaud Arbery” trial is scheduled to begin—a full 18 months after the shooting death of Arbery on February 23, 2020–and our live coverage of this trial, along with end-of-day summaries and legal analysis, will begin the same moment the trial itself begins.

Of course, it’s not the deceased Arbery who is on trial, but rather the three men involved in his pursuit following Arbery’s apparent felony burglary of a neighborhood home. Those three men include Greg McMichael and Travis McMichael (father and son, in the pursuing pickup truck), and William “Roddy” Bryan (whose video of the final confrontation would explode the case to national attention and prompt the charges against all three men).

What was it Ardery stole?