so, Angie baby....

GregV814

So far, Ms. Also-Brooks is on the hook now for a mere $47,000.00 for her criminal acts of stealing the DC Government, (unpaid taxes) and penalties.... what will Murlin do??? Alright kids, how much will SHE pay, no, not her donors or Goober Moonhead will void....

Ramp Guy

So far, Ms. Also-Brooks is on the hook now for a mere $47,000.00 for her criminal acts of stealing the DC Government, (unpaid taxes) and penalties.... what will Murlin do??? Alright kids, how much will SHE pay, no, not her donors or Goober Moonhead will void....
Wait, there's a "D" behind her name, why would you associate "pay" with her name?

BTW, that wasn't stealing, it can't be her fault because she just isn't "real good" with arithmetic.

Everyone needs to understand, she was never real good at word problems -

"Class If you own a tax of $40,000.00 and only pay $1000.00, what happens? What is that you said Angie? No, the taxes are not paid off completely. Did you complete your homework last night? it doesn't appear your studied at all."

thurley42

HY;FR
There are a million reasons not to like her......getting out of taxes isn't one of them...Everyone should be striving to pay as little as possible.

Ramp Guy

There are a million reasons not to like her......getting out of taxes isn't one of them...Everyone should be striving to pay as little as possible.
I agree, as long as the tax code is followed legally.

When you "accidentally" do your arithmetic wrong the "I didn't know excuse" is pretty weak in my opinion

thurley42

HY;FR
I agree, as long as the tax code is followed legally.

When you "accidentally" do your arithmetic wrong the "I didn't know excuse" is pretty weak in my opinion
I'm so torn on this one......of course I agree with what you're saying...in principle. But part of me sees the tax code, the hiring of all of those IRS agents, the purchase of an insane amount of weapons for the IRS, and the whole $600 fiasco, and I want to say screw them......

Ramp Guy

I'm so torn on this one......of course I agree with what you're saying...in principle. But part of me sees the tax code, the hiring of all of those IRS agents, the purchase of an insane amount of weapons for the IRS, and the whole $600 fiasco, and I want to say screw them......
Again, I agree with your sentiment, but when politicians "skirt" the tax laws they really piss me off.

It proves what hypocrites they really are... don't care which letter that follows their name!

I spend hours each year doing taxes to satisfy the IRS, so damn it, they should too!

OccamsRazor

Look... its not like woman was sitting down with 72 pieces of paper tax forms and doing them longhand. Its also not like she was on TurboTax. She was having someone do them for her. That doesn't absolve her of what happened however, guarantee that if anything comes of this then it will be the person (or company) that did the tax preparation.

Ramp Guy

Look... its not like woman was sitting down with 72 pieces of paper tax forms and doing them longhand. Its also not like she was on TurboTax. She was having someone do them for her. That doesn't absolve her of what happened however, guarantee that if anything comes of this then it will be the person (or company) that did the tax preparation.
...she signed them... she is responsibly for what is on the papers --- "under penalty of law"

Or does the "dog ate my homework" theory apply for her.

The people that do her taxes can only use the information she supplies to them.

Reactions: BOP

OccamsRazor

...she signed them... she is responsibly for what is on the papers --- "under penalty of law"

Or does the "dog ate my homework" theory apply for her.

The people that do her taxes can only use the information she supplies to them.
I'm just saying... if it is between the AA female potentially elected as a Senator OR a lowly tax preparer working for a big name company. Who do you think will take the fall?

Ramp Guy

I'm just saying... if it is between the AA female potentially elected as a Senator OR a lowly tax preparer working for a big name company. Who do you think will take the fall?
I hear ya,

her.... tax preparer not liable.. " I used the paperwork she gave me to prepare her taxes!"

"I gave them back to her for her review and signature"