So beaches...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not really a beach person. I like to be by the beach and catch glimpses of the water, but I don't like to walk on the beach, or lay on the beach, or go in the water except a quick ankle wade just to say I did it.

But I see people all the time....just sitting on the beach looking out at the water. They don't even have a book or anything, they're just sitting there. And friends will go on vacation and post pics of them sitting on the beach.

I don't get it. Why is that fun?

stgislander

PREMO Member
And now for your moment of zen.

DaSDGuy

I'm not really a beach person. I like to be by the beach and catch glimpses of the water, but I don't like to walk on the beach, or lay on the beach, or go in the water except a quick ankle wade just to say I did it.

But I see people all the time....just sitting on the beach looking out at the water. They don't even have a book or anything, they're just sitting there. And friends will go on vacation and post pics of them sitting on the beach.

My favorite part is the sound of the waves. No people. No seagulls. Just the waves.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And now for your moment of zen.
View attachment 156395

See, that looks really boring to me. When we hit the road I was like, oh yay! Now we can do all those Insta pics of us gazing out at the ocean.....and yeah, we're not ocean gazers. We're festival goers and barstool sitters and local chow eaters and fish catchers and kayak paddlers, occasionally we're mountain hikers, but not ocean gazers.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Typically, I like to do something like walk on the beach, because I find that invigorating. Sometimes, though, sitting and looking at the water and listening to the waves ia very relaxing and calming. (and you know I am not one to sit doing literally nothing for long!)

CRHS89

I love being outside and find nature of all kinds, beautiful and relaxing. I love listening to and watching the waves, and feeling the the wind and sun. As I get older, I like the sand less and less though. I also enjoy people watching at the beach. I don't like super crowded beaches, but a few people is ok.