So, do hospitals get federal or state money...

Toxick

Splat
...based on how many COVID-19 tests they administer?

Not going to mention any names, but a certain memorial-type hospital in Calvert County is administering a COVID-19 test to my son who is showing ZERO symptoms of coronavirus. Except for a headache. And headaches are a symptom for so many things, they shouldn't even be considered a symptom of anything. In fact I have a headache right now because of how ****ing irritated I am dealing with these *******s.

He has about a million other symptoms of a completely different unrelated genetic non-respiratory condition, which happens to run in his family - but they want to test him for this. They may as well flush the crap down the toilet. And they're delaying treatment of his likely condition until they get results from this back. I get that there are protocols - but this makes no ****ing shred of sense whatsoever. He doesn't have even the slightest hint of anything remotely resembling something even a little bit like a cough.

And you ****ing wonder why I don't want the goddamned government in control of health care. The bureaucracy I'm dealing with is STAGGERING.

Staggering isn't even enough... I can't even think of adjectives big enough to describe how irritated I am and how boggled my mind is right now.

I'm not just pissed off because my son's time is being wasted - the COVID-19 test they're WASTING on him, could be used for someone who actually needs it. God damned ignorant blind sheep lazy stupid sons of bitches.

I'm going to my ****ing happy place right now.

And I'm going to trash it.

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

As a part of the CARES Act, Medicare is paying 20% more for COVID treatments. Called the "DRG Add-On". Also, all tests are covered.

DRG Add-on
During the emergency period, the legislation provides a 20% add-on to the DRG rate for patients with COVID-19. This add-on will apply to patients treated at rural and urban inpatient prospective payment system (IPPS) hospitals.
Coverage of Diagnostic Tests and Preventive Services
The legislation includes several provisions related to coverage and reimbursement for COVID-19 testing and testing-related services. The legislation will expand the types of diagnostic tests that will be covered to include laboratory tests that have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) but meet certain conditions, including that the applicable state or territory has assumed responsibility for the validity of the tests. The legislation then directs certain commercial payers and public programs to cover this broader range of tests.

Health plans are directed to pay providers of laboratory services the full negotiated rate or, if the provider and plan do not have a contract in place, they must reimburse the provider the cash price for the service. Each provider of such laboratory services will be required to post a cash price for COVID-19 testing on a public website and failure to comply could result in civil monetary penalties. In addition, health plans are required to cover qualifying COVID-19 preventive services such as an item, service or immunization recommended by the US Preventive Services Task Force or CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.
https://www.aha.org/special-bulleti...us-aid-relief-and-economic-security-cares-act

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Each COVID diagnosis puts money in the pocket of the hospital. $39,000 if you have a COVID-19 patient die while on a ventilator. And by COVID-19 patient I mean even there is even an inkling of a symptom from the ever expanding list, you are a COVID patient.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
...based on how many COVID-19 tests they administer?

Not going to mention any names, but a certain memorial-type hospital in Calvert County is administering a COVID-19 test to my son who is showing ZERO symptoms of coronavirus. Except for a headache. And headaches are a symptom for so many things, they shouldn't even be considered a symptom of anything. In fact I have a headache right now because of how ing irritated I am dealing with these ***s.

He has about a million other symptoms of a completely different unrelated genetic non-respiratory condition, which happens to run in his family - but they want to test him for this. They may as well flush the crap down the toilet. And they're delaying treatment of his likely condition until they get results from this back. I get that there are protocols - but this makes no ****ing shred of sense whatsoever. He doesn't have even the slightest hint of anything remotely resembling something even a little bit like a cough.

And you ****ing wonder why I don't want the goddamned government in control of health care. The bureaucracy I'm dealing with is STAGGERING.

Staggering isn't even enough... I can't even think of adjectives big enough to describe how irritated I am and how boggled my mind is right now.

I'm not just pissed off because my son's time is being wasted - the COVID-19 test they're WASTING on him, could be used for someone who actually needs it. God damned ignorant blind sheep lazy stupid sons of bitches.

I'm going to my ****ing happy place right now.

And I'm going to trash it.
Have to wonder.. if he's positive or not, if his "test" will come back positive anyways.

black dog

Free America
My bestie has a neighbor that has been in the hospital about 5 weeks now, he started with the flu, he went to the hospital emergency room, the next day tested positive, now hes at least 150lbs overweight, diabetic, early stages of lung cancer, still a smoker and sedentary as a yard yacht.
They put him in a coma for about 2 weeks, dialisis and a feeding tube and he became septic. He was supposed to come home two weeks ago, its like they keep finding things to keep him admitted.
He has Indiana Hip+ State insurance at the cost of a dollar a month... The taxpayer is on the hook for all of it.....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He has Indiana Hip+ State insurance at the cost of a dollar a month... The taxpayer is on the hook for all of it.....

That's why. If he were paying out of pocket or at least a portion of it, they'd be like, "Meh, walk it off". When the state's paying it's like an unlimited piggy bank.

We're getting a major education on how things work since Trump became President. I shudder to think what will be revealed in the next four years.

gemma_rae

Govern Hulk is going to shove those Korean test kits down our throats one way or another.

I hope your son gets the treatment he needs Tox, and gets better soon.:flowers:

black dog

Free America
That's why. If he were paying out of pocket or at least a portion of it, they'd be like, "Meh, walk it off". When the state's paying it's like an unlimited piggy bank.

We're getting a major education on how things work since Trump became President. I shudder to think what will be revealed in the next four years.

I always laugh when the democrates say the poor dont have or will lose their health insurance.... The reality is, they have the best ****ing health,vision and dental insurance that money can buy for free, or a buck a month for Blue Cross Blue Shield and other insurance companies with no pre-pays, no deductables and free prescriptionsand so on.
If folks would listen to others and read once in awhile it would amaze them on what they would learn. When I drive through the bigger citys out here you read billboards in spanish about where to get free healthcare and other free services from the government.

Toxick

Splat
Have to wonder.. if he's positive or not, if his "test" will come back positive anyways.

I doubt it.

Although, if anyone's wondering, it seems that the test involves going into the ear with a Q-tip and trying to touch the back of the eyeball with it.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
He is on treatment now.

And I didn't even have to make a scene or kill anyone. :yay:
So it is what you originally thought it was as opposed to what the DRs tested for?
Good to hear he is receiving treatment for what ails him. :yay:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I doubt it.

Although, if anyone's wondering, it seems that the test involves going into the ear with a Q-tip and trying to touch the back of the eyeball with it.
I wonder if that's because he is a kid. Co-workers' girlfriend had to get one because her fever spiked a little at work. Hers was a Q-tip up the nose trying to touch her brain. She said it hurt so bad, she cried.

Toxick

Splat
So it is what you originally thought it was as opposed to what the DRs tested for?

None of the above. I was wrong about what it was. (Thank God!) I thought it was lupus, because I had seen that before in relatives, and it looked just like him last week. But to quote a brilliant Diagnostician, "It's never lupus". Still, I'm shocked it wasn't that. Pleasantly.

But it certainly wasn't a coronavirus. Full disclosure - the test hasn't come back for that. But I'm 99.5% certain he doesn't have that.

Good to hear he is receiving treatment for what ails him. :yay:

Thank you!

Toxick

Splat
I wonder if that's because he is a kid.

He's 21.

Co-workers' girlfriend had to get one because her fever spiked a little at work. Hers was a Q-tip up the nose trying to touch her brain. She said it hurt so bad, she cried.

Hm... Maybe I misunderstood. Now that I'm thinking about it - he actually said, "They pushed the q-tip in so hard it hurt" - maybe I just assumed it was his ear because that's usually where q-tips go. You're probably right.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I wonder if that's because he is a kid. Co-workers' girlfriend had to get one because her fever spiked a little at work. Hers was a Q-tip up the nose trying to touch her brain. She said it hurt so bad, she cried.

Note to self: if "they" say I need to be tested, tell them to **** off.