So Excited!!!

luvmygdaughters

My daughter gave me an Instant Pot for Mothers Day!! Cant wait to try it out, but, not sure what to start with. I know quite a few of the Forumites own IP's ...any suggestions??

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
It depends on what you like as there are tons of recipes out there. Like Vrai said, hard-boiled eggs in the IP are the bomb and so easy. They were also the first thing I tried. Pot roast, beef stew, ribs, pork loin, soups, chicken breasts, etc... I have even made lasagna using a small spring-form pan. I get a lot of recipes from these sites:

A good intro to IP cooking:

This is a favorite and will be cooked again this week:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
How would the instapot make a hardboiled egg turn out any different than a pan of boiling water?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
How would the instapot make a hardboiled egg turn out any different than a pan of boiling water?
Same end product, but perfect results every time AND the shells peel off easily EVERY SINGLE TIME. That in of itself makes the IP worth buying IMHO.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Same end product, but perfect results every time AND the shells peel off easily EVERY SINGLE TIME. That in of itself makes the IP worth buying IMHO.

I mean, you hate to buy a $150 hard-boiled egg maker, but really....

I use mine for pretty much everything that doesn't work in the air fryer. Artichokes steam up in minutes, pressure ribs before grilling, soup, runza guts, boil pasta....

glhs837

Power with Control
What Jazz said. One crack and the whole shell comes off like the skin off an onion almost. Dump in about a cup of water, stack eggs as deep as you like, seal it, set if for five, let it sit for five, drop in ice bath for five.

LMD, in addition to perfect rice, one of the biggest benefits is getting that multi hour flavor in far less time. Stuff like chili and stews, normally you cook them for hours in a slow cooker to get that flavor meld, and even so, they get even better after another day in the fridge. The pressure cooker makes that magic happen in less than an hour. Tonight, it's going to be baby back ribs, use any dry rub you like, one cup beef broth with a teaspoon of smoke liquid smoke. 30 minutes at high pressure, release. BRush them with some sauce, broil for 2-3 minutes to sear. Literally falling off the bone with deep flavor.

Did Teriyaki drumsticks last week. Later this week, I'll be making a whole rotisserie chicken.