So grease monkeys

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What do you use instead of teflon tape for sealing an oil drain line ?
Teflon tape is not even allowed in our shop. There are several sealing options..from teflon paste, CA-teflon paste (semi-hardens) to Loctite stick thread pastes that completely harden, for really high-pressure applications. What thread type are trying to seal?

bonehead1

A simple drain line from a 12KW generator running Mobile 1 synthetic oil. Rubber drain line from the Briggs engine to a 5/8" fitting coarse thread plug. I can't use something that hardens as I need to do periodic oil changes.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
A simple drain line from a 12KW generator running Mobile 1 synthetic oil. Rubber drain line from the Briggs engine to a 5/8" fitting coarse thread plug. I can't use something that hardens as I need to do periodic oil changes.
Just use teflon thread paste then.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Use a small valve on the drain line and never take the plug out again. There are kits just for that.