So here's my idea:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you get oil or grease on your shirt, there are no laundry products that I'm aware of that will get the stain out completely. But if you dilute some Dawn dish detergent and spray it on the spots, rub it in and rinse well before washing - TA DA! All gone.

So why wouldn't Dawn make a laundry grease remover specifically for that purpose? It seems such a no brainer.....

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
While not specifically for grease stained clothes the Ultra Platinum Power Wash might fit the bill as it is already in a spray format.

GregV814

psssssst commere.....

use unsmart greasemonkeys 'ave been usin dat stuff fohfreakin evah..... eeeyyyyyy...(like The Fonz)

But, Ms. GregV took it too far when she laundered my 1970's GM quardrjet 4 barrell carb with Tide....

stgislander

PREMO Member
But, Ms. GregV took it too far when she laundered my 1970's GM quardrjet 4 barrell carb with Tide....
Not too far off. My dad told me that when they removed the lye tubs from the B&O locomotive repair shop, they replaced them with part washers that used hot water and Tide (or an equivalent thereof).

stgislander

PREMO Member
So why wouldn't Dawn make a laundry grease remover specifically for that purpose? It seems such a no brainer.....
Growing up mom always used this for dad's work clothes.

mitzi

If you get oil or grease on your shirt, there are no laundry products that I'm aware of that will get the stain out completely. But if you dilute some Dawn dish detergent and spray it on the spots, rub it in and rinse well before washing - TA DA! All gone.

Why, when you just squirt it on yourself? I use Dawn for a lot of things.

Louise

Murphy‘s oil soap is the remedy for most things/stains. You‘re welcome.

PJay

I thought Murphys was used only on wood products for cleaning.

List of different uses.

#3 Try the soap out on laundry items that have stubborn stains. Apply a bit of the solution at full strength to the area in question, then toss it into the washing machine.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
While not specifically for grease stained clothes the Ultra Platinum Power Wash might fit the bill as it is already in a spray format.

I just got some of this so I hope it works as well as regular Dawn. But still, you'd think one of their bright minds would come up with a specific laundry stain spray.

mitzi

I just got some of this so I hope it works as well as regular Dawn. But still, you'd think one of their bright minds would come up with a specific laundry stain spray.

You're right. I'm surprised they haven't because they could charge more for it than a bottle of regular Dawn.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I presoak clothes that I've gotten really greasy in a bucket with Purple Power or Super Clean and water. Works the charm and keeps undissolved oily/greasy stuff from accumulating in the washing machine.