SO How did everyone do at the shows??

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Lots of shows this weekend? How did everyone do? Sparks, BZ, Spelly, Frmgrl, Phyxius, Duckz, appendix, and anyone else I missed!

What a beautiful weekend for a show. We went to a show down here and got to ride in the covered arena. It was nice to be in the shade. I took two first time show ponies and they were great. My "Sadie" is going back to Pensacola, and I am going to take on another one of my mom's WBs to work with.:yay:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
We went to SMHA. We did the model stallions and as he was the only one in the class Peanut got a first. :) We did the 2'3" schooling and our first round wasn't horrible but it wasn't great either and we got a 5th. The second round was much better and we got a 3rd.

Then we had to wait for a while for the 2'6" classes. I think they wait is too long and the four courses too much for Mr. Peanut. He was dog tired. The first 2'6" was terrible and had me yelling a bad word infront of the judge since I thought I was going to fall off at a very long spot tight chip in that felt like my horse was jumping like 4'. I know he wasn't but I'll have to look at the video when I get home tonight. :lmao:

Our next round was much better, but he was obviously tired. :)

It sounds like you had fun at your show, too!

Sparks

I took my mare to SMHA. We saw peanut briefly. My mare is such a hussy, I didn't want to hang near him long and encourage any bad behavior :love:. He's such a good boy.

Little mare was full of energy at the show. We ended on a good note though, cantering her first course in the green hunter. I was very happy with that.

Sadie - Your daughter looks quite happy on that pony!!

Last edited:

Duckz

We had beautiful weather too. We stayed at AMIT for the schooling show. Lincoln did not appreciate the pelham and was kind of a cow in the Eq division. I switched to the snaffle for Hunter and Pleasure and things improved a LOT. He was still a bit, ahem, eager to the fences, but we got reserve champ in Pleasure and won the Eq flat class. We're going to try a 2'9" division next weekend, maybe he'll back off to the fences a little :lmao:

Credit goes to Ms. Devine for the picture :buddies:

Attachments

• jump.jpg
    jump.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 117

IntegritysDream

We went to AMIT show this weekend, indy was HORRIBLE! he put the HORROR in horrible, but at home hes been doing amazing! Check your email sadie.. sent you some photos of him. glad to hear you are well! how come sadie is going to pensicola?

Last edited:

FrmGrl

Get some!
We went to AMIT show this weekend, indy was HORRIBLE! he put the HORROR in horrible, but at home hes been doing amazing! Check your email sadie.. sent you some photos of him. glad to hear you are well! how come sadie is going to pensicola?
Went to AMIT and Eve was an Angle. Who knew she would do so well in a pleasure class, then going over jumps cold not one refusal. It was a good day!!!:starcat:

Spicober

Wait a min...My boy put the H in hORRIBLE:lmao:..I was on the black and white appy stud...BOth the mares we brought with us were in heat and kept calling to him and were really bad as well.---at home, total angels!!

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Wait a min...My boy put the H in hORRIBLE:lmao:..I was on the black and white appy stud...BOth the mares we brought with us were in heat and kept calling to him and were really bad as well.---at home, total angels!!

I was at SMHA, but do you mean Chance? He's a cute little fella and I have a picture of him and Peanut standing next to each other from another show.

Duckz, great shot!

Integrity, sorry your pony was bad. You never know what they're going to act like and ya just gotta roll with the punches sometime. Are you going to the show at AMIT on the 18th? Good luck!

Sparks, your mare is cute! It was nice meeting you though Peanut and I were both 1/2 asleep. It was a long, tiring weekend! Congrats on the canter round. I liked the course especially since there was only one right turn, yay! 8 jumps one right turn, works for me!

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I was at SMHA, but do you mean Chance? He's a cute little fella and I have a picture of him and Peanut standing next to each other from another show.

Duckz, great shot!

Integrity, sorry your pony was bad. You never know what they're going to act like and ya just gotta roll with the punches sometime. Are you going to the show at AMIT on the 18th? Good luck!

Sparks, your mare is cute! It was nice meeting you though Peanut and I were both 1/2 asleep. It was a long, tiring weekend! Congrats on the canter round. I liked the course especially since there was only one right turn, yay! 8 jumps one right turn, works for me!
or maybe the other way around.:whistle:

Really good if your horse is bad at the left lead.:lmao:

Spicober

Thats him:howdy: I am showing him this year for Kelly.
I should say considering the circumstances he did do OKAY..
He was bred last week, I dont usually ride english, and OUR mares were in heat ...Poor guy
I would LOVE to see that picture!!!! Peanut is a celebrity over at our place, everyone loves him

FrmGrl

Get some!
I remember seeing you on him. My mare was in season that day too. I thought you did well with him. He put on some nice dressage moves in the middle of the ring!

Spicober

I remember seeing you on him. My mare was in season that day too. I thought you did well with him. He put on some nice dressage moves in the middle of the ring!

haha, Yep:diva: That was a new "move" for him...I appreciate everyone being so patient as I messed up their class, I tried to get out of the way :jameo:

FrmGrl

Get some!
haha, Yep:diva: That was a new "move" for him...I appreciate everyone being so patient as I messed up their class, I tried to get out of the way :jameo:
Last year my horse reared and carried on at the end of the ring. Bobbie made me stay in and work on her while the show went on at the other end of the ring. All I can remember was the announcer saying " Riders, please use caution at the end of the ring"!! I was sooo embarrassed. No one was watching the show... they were watching me, Eve and Bobbie!!! So in reality your stud was not bad at all!!

Duckz

Last year my horse reared and carried on at the end of the ring. Bobbie made me stay in and work on her while the show went on at the other end of the ring. All I can remember was the announcer saying " Riders, please use caution at the end of the ring"!! I was sooo embarrassed. No one was watching the show... they were watching me, Eve and Bobbie!!! So in reality your stud was not bad at all!!

:lmao:

But really, how nice is it to be at a show where you can work through your issues instead of just being excused? Besides, everyone knows there's going to be some entertainment when Bobby has to go in the ring!

Sparks

Thanks. She's coming along nicely. I think she's a keeper. :smile:

IntegritysDream

haha my pony is not a stud.. he acts more like a mare in season as mood as he is.. then the next day at home under saddle.. 100% angel, was doing auto changes over jumps, no bucking/spinning/droping shoulder/leaps.. nothing.. good as gold... little brat :lmao:

IntegritysDream

Duckz, great shot!

haha thats just indy.. always a interesting show at bobbys.. luckily he will let you work out issues or do what you gotta do to get your horse straight. He was a angel the next day! I hope to go to the next show on the 18th *COUGH COUGH........... DEVINNEE* and i hope to be able to get him around just 1 course nicely with out his buck/spin/leap/drop his shoulder thing that he does really fast all at once. Bet that makes for a cute picture :lmao:
oh oh oh but indy got his leads and loaded/unloaded like a pro this time. haha

FrmGrl

Get some!
:lmao:

But really, how nice is it to be at a show where you can work through your issues instead of just being excused? Besides, everyone knows there's going to be some entertainment when Bobby has to go in the ring!
I am sure it was entertaining to everyone...I could hear the ohhs and ahhs as Eve went up and down with me on her back. Oh yes....fond memories. But kudos to Bobby for letting me stay in there and work with her. He was great that day!!

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
sounds like everyone had lots of fun:lmao:
We went to the fun show that the SMY AQHA put on at oakridge. I couldnt pass it up, $3 a class. I took my 3yr old that i broke, mom took Dee (newest addition), and a 4h'er brought his 4yr old. Reba ( my 3yr old) had a good-ol-time in the first class (the boot race), i just got on her, we warmed up a little( while people were still making there way into the ring) and she was okay. But when we lined up and they said "go"... she freaked about the other horses running, started bucking (her first time doing it) and im trying to pull her head up, riding it out with NO BOOTS, NO STURUPS. She finally stoped, i trotted her up to my boots waited untill everyone else was back on and gone, got off put them on mounted and troted back.FUN. Needless to say we lost Water-in-a-cup, and egg-n-spoon. She started to calm down, we did good in Command , we loped both ways around the ring, got out when they called for a counter canter, she only tried bucking twice then, but the one looked like a sliding stop because at the same second they called for a walk(we were loping).
We did ribbon pairs, even loping and backing (reba and the other GREEN 4yr old- first show for him too-) and we got 1st. Yay!:starcat:

I think we did well, this was her 2nd time out EVER, and her first show EVER. I was surprised at my self that i didnt freak when Reba did, but it was FUN. havent had a good challeng in a while, and its all ways those darn ponies that bring it :lmao: