So how does that work?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pass interference; ref doesn't call it; NFL admits it was a mistake; yet the Saints still get screwed and the Rams still go to the SB. Had interference been called, the Saints would have most likely won that game.

Um, how is that right?

Full disclosure: I give zero ####s about football or football players. All those thugs belong in jail as far as I'm concerned. I watch only because Monello has it on and I need to see what he's jumping up and down and shouting about.

Regardless, fair is fair and this just seems like so much bull#### to me. If I were the boss they'd replay the game. It can't feel good for the Rams to know that they're only there because the ref cheated for them. They have to know they didn't earn it. But then these are people who beat their women and shoot people, so they probably don't have the same moral code as me.

jg21

While it's true that NO most likely would have won the game after milking the clock down and then probably making a chip shot field goal, their defense still gave up the game-tying field goal. Then NO gets the ball first in OT and Brees throws an interception.

Sure, the missed pass interference possibly cost them the game, but they still had chances to win after that if the defense stops the Rams.

transporter

Pass interference; ref doesn't call it; NFL admits it was a mistake; yet the Saints still get screwed and the Rams still go to the SB. Had interference been called, the Saints would have most likely won that game.

Um, how is that right?

Full disclosure: I give zero ####s about football or football players. All those thugs belong in jail as far as I'm concerned. I watch only because Monello has it on and I need to see what he's jumping up and down and shouting about.

Regardless, fair is fair and this just seems like so much bull#### to me. If I were the boss they'd replay the game. It can't feel good for the Rams to know that they're only there because the ref cheated for them. They have to know they didn't earn it. But then these are people who beat their women and shoot people, so they probably don't have the same moral code as me.

Wow...why do you consistently post your opinion about stuff and then claim you don't care about the item?? What is the point of that?

NOW you want life to be fair?? You didn't care that families were being separate by our govt. You didn't care that our President is using the office for his own personal enrichment. You don't care that 800,000 federal employees are on furlough. But if you "were the boss" you'd make them replay a sporting event because a call "wasn't fair"???

Whewie...and you wonder how you earned the spitbubble nickname???

stgislander

PREMO Member

Um, how is that right?

Wow...why do you consistently post your opinion about stuff and then claim you don't care about the item?? What is the point of that?

NOW you want life to be fair?? You didn't care that families were being separate by our govt. You didn't care that our President is using the office for his own personal enrichment. You don't care that 800,000 federal employees are on furlough. But if you "were the boss" you'd make them replay a sporting event because a call "wasn't fair"???

Hey Vrai...

Tranny thinks you're gorgeous... it wants to kiss you... it wants to hug you... it wants to love you....

SamSpade

Folks, this is a seriously disturbed individual. I just ran across another thread about FOOD, and Trans was on there,
insulting Vrai and talking politics or whatever it is it thinks passes for discussion.

I know a handful of people like this in real life, but they're all mentally unstable - every discussion on every subject
is the same thing, whether it's their health, their parents, their ex. It doesn't matter what everyone else is talking
about, they just go on the same thing.

We really should avoid this - person. Really. This is disturbing behavior. The rest of the football watching country
is discussing this play, but somehow it's about Trump.

SamSpade

Um, how is that right?

A buddy of mine is WAY convinced that football games are - more or less, fixed.
Obviously, a great deal of talent has a lot to do with the outcome - but he's convinced that ref calls, good or bad, or an overabundance of calls
on things that often go ignored can tip the game.

One of his arguments is - what are the chances that "THE PATRIOTS" would be the Super Bowl Champions right after 9/11?

But this is a clear case of a play that was, without question, pass interference - and yet - it was - "missed"? How is that possible?

Chris0nllyn

Um, how is that right?

Yes, that's how things happen. What did you want them to say; "we messed up the call on that one play (while ignoring the numerous delay of game and facemask calls by the Saints) and we don't actually know if the outcome would have changed but let's just start over"?

"All those thugs belong in jail". Your moral code is hanging out again.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yes, that's how things happen. What did you want them to say; "we messed up the call on that one play (while ignoring the numerous delay of game and facemask calls by the Saints) and we don't actually know if the outcome would have changed but let's just start over"?

Well...yes.

"All those thugs belong in jail". Your moral code is hanging out again.

Don't worry, you can still worship murderers and wife beaters if you want to. :yay:

Midnightrider

put this on the long list of veryday commne sense things that V is confused by.

Seriously, thats what happens in sports. ReFs make mistakes and the game is impacted. You move on. its just like life. Its not fair, thats just how it works out sometimes.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

You do realize that's pretty much what this place is for, posting your opinion just for the world to see.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
put this on the long list of veryday commne sense things that V is confused by.

Seriously, thats what happens in sports. ReFs make mistakes and the game is impacted. You move on. its just like life. Its not fair, thats just how it works out sometimes.

So refs can call plays however they please, "not see" things, and basically choose who the winner will be? I wasn't aware of that, but again I'm not a sports fan.

PeoplesElbow

A buddy of mine is WAY convinced that football games are - more or less, fixed.
Obviously, a great deal of talent has a lot to do with the outcome - but he's convinced that ref calls, good or bad, or an overabundance of calls
on things that often go ignored can tip the game.

One of his arguments is - what are the chances that "THE PATRIOTS" would be the Super Bowl Champions right after 9/11?

But this is a clear case of a play that was, without question, pass interference - and yet - it was - "missed"? How is that possible?

I think they are somewhat fixed, not so much the outcome, but in a way to make games close as possible so more people keep watching to maximize the advertising revenue.

So many games come down to the last play in the last 10 years or so.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think they are somewhat fixed, not so much the outcome, but in a way to make games close as possible so more people keep watching to maximize the advertising revenue.

So many games come down to the last play in the last 10 years or so.

Or maybe they're just all taking the same amount of steroids these days.

Midnightrider

So refs can call plays however they please, "not see" things, and basically choose who the winner will be? I wasn't aware of that, but again I'm not a sports fan.

That’s EXACTLY how sports work. If it’s intentional it’s wrong, and on the professional level it’s illegal. However, this is just a case of a mistake.
You don’t have to be a sports fan to know this. It’s straight out of your third grade gym class. Life isn’t fair.

Like I said, this is just another on the long list of common sense notions you have trouble understanding