So I just got back from a lunch date

SailorGirl

I was bitter about my ex when we were still married. 😄 Once we divorced it was much better. I can honestly say today that he is a good guy. We just didn't end up being good together. I get that every situation is different, but it seems like it's time for this guy to move on.
Agreed - I'm trying to figure out how - he did say he'd call - heard that one before. I'm pretty sure that means when hell freezes over.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
:yeahthat: I think you aren't getting many serious responses because the obvious answer is no woman should date a man with bitter baggage breath... no matter how many years it has been.
I eventually replaced my bitterness with a deep cynicism. That worked for me. :razz:

SailorGirl

:yeahthat: I think you aren't getting many serious responses because the obvious answer is no woman should date a man with bitter baggage breath... no matter how many years it has been.
This is new to me - I haven't been out on a date in a very long time. Nor really had any friends that are divorced. I'm divorced I know I wasn't bitter - it was more of a relief.

This is new to me - I haven't been out on a date in a very long time. Nor really had any friends that are divorced. I'm divorced I know I wasn't bitter - it was more of a relief.
You don't have to be experienced at dating to understand you do not want to attempt a relationship with a wounded psyche. That should be common sense.

SailorGirl

And then... and only then... were you date-able again. :yay: My brother eventually did the same. But if a man is still harboring such bitterness, he is not a good prospect.
I know for fact you can't change them. Could I shoot him maybe put him out of his misery?

SailorGirl

Well, there is always that too... if that is what you always picked in the past and know that is what you are attracted to then there is no reason not to have date two... it's what you seek. Have him over for a home-cooked meal... that alone should distract him from talking about Linda for a while.
I would imagine that ought to drive him away for good.