So I just got back from a lunch date

luvmygdaughters

PREMO Member
I guess it would depend on how long he and his ex were married. If they had 30+ plus years invested, I could see where he would still think and talk about her once in a while. If they were married for less than 10 years. He is obsessed and you best move on. The only time I ever talked about my ex husband was when the date asked questions about the relationship we had. Saw no reason why he should be topic of any conversation, other than with the judge, for child support.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Patron
I remember when I agreed to meet a forum female at Starbucks many years ago for a see if we like each other informal date. She ghosted me. I'll bet I dodged a bullet with that one. A cookie for anyone who can remember her screen name.

P.S. not sure why I remembered this now since it has little to do with the thread; forgive me, please.

I had 23 years invested, been divorced now for almost 20. I carried a lot of resentment for at least 6 years. I didn't bring up the subject, but if someone else did, well, than that was on them!!! I think if you look back at some of my posts here, you'll see quips about the ex, some probably pretty recent.

It was a very long time before she wasn't a part of my daily thoughts.

Grumpy

I remember when I agreed to meet a forum female at Starbucks many years ago for a see if we like each other informal date. She ghosted me. I'll bet I dodged a bullet with that one. A cookie for anyone who can remember her screen name.

P.S. not sure why I remembered this now since it has little to do with the thread; forgive me, please.
I believe Frank(old screen name) had that happen to him, too.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Patron
I believe Frank(old screen name) had that happen to him, too.
She was a pretty frequent poster at the time. I'll bet DJ knows who I'm talking about. I think she was a welder? MigTig? TigMig? That ring a bell?

nutz

That's probably what he should have done except he wouldn't have had anything to talk about maybe.
Did you feel compelled to rip his clothes off and take him in the restaurant OR look around the room for something suitable to smack him with. I’m hoping the second. You should have texted for an Uber named Linda.

SailorGirl

I guess it would depend on how long he and his ex were married. If they had 30+ plus years invested, I could see where he would still think and talk about her once in a while. If they were married for less than 10 years. He is obsessed and you best move on. The only time I ever talked about my ex husband was when the date asked questions about the relationship we had. Saw no reason why he should be topic of any conversation, other than with the judge, for child support.
Married for 18 - I think I am the first one he's been out with since her.

SailorGirl

Nothing to forgive. It's valentine's day tomorrow - fits right in.

SailorGirl

I had 23 years invested, been divorced now for almost 20. I carried a lot of resentment for at least 6 years. I didn't bring up the subject, but if someone else did, well, than that was on them!!! I think if you look back at some of my posts here, you'll see quips about the ex, some probably pretty recent.

It was a very long time before she wasn't a part of my daily thoughts.
But you're comfortable moving on now though right? I'm not sure this guy is and I'm not sure I want to be part of that process. It's a first for me.

somdwatch

So I'm not getting any answers - how long do you continue to talk about the ex? Do you reach a point where you get tired of it? How do I change the subject?

Otherwise - nice enough guy, but I kept thinking I'm not your ex-wife.
Well, for me personally. I wouldn't probably go into a lot of stories about my ex.

I would probably just explain she had a lot of issues that therapy might fix. I'm happier now and looking for my own therapist? Are you up to the job!!?