So I just got back from a lunch date

Toxick

Splat
For starters if you were married for 18 years and are now divorced for five - how long does the bitterness actually last and you stop talking about your ex-spouse who's name is Linda.
That, unfortunately, varies from person to person.

Personally, I am on very good terms with my ex. So, I was never bitter, and she certainly was never the topic of conversation with new dates. If I entered into a relationship, my gf's would end up meeting her when I went to pick up my kids, or if we all end up at an event together (like school sporting events) and both my ex and myself made every effort for that not to be awkward. With 100% success - I might add.

But I have more than once dated someone who would bitch about their ex, and I can't NOT get the impression that they aren't over them, so I would move on. If you detected bitterness on the first date, I would venture to say that person is not yet single and ready to mingle.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That, unfortunately, varies from person to person.

Personally, I am on very good terms with my ex. So, I was never bitter, and she certainly was never the topic of conversation with new dates. If I entered into a relationship, my gf's would end up meeting her when I went to pick up my kids, or if we all end up at an event together (like school sporting events) and both my ex and myself made every effort for that not to be awkward. With 100% success - I might add.
Lucky you. My experience was totally opposite. Both times. But in the end..many years later..I saw clearly that the payback for not engaging in the wars they wanted so badly to conduct resulted in the eternal love and respect of my kids. Kids are not stupid..they see things..they understand. Do I wish it had gone like yours instead?...boy howdy, do I!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Agreed - I'm trying to figure out how - he did say he'd call - heard that one before. I'm pretty sure that means when hell freezes over.
So, if he does call - just be up front and say "Sure! But on one condition. Then let him know you'll go out again IF he promises to NOT talk about the Ex.

It's possible he was just nervous. Most likely not, but just in case...

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
So, if he does call - just be up front and say "Sure! But on one condition. Then let him know you'll go out again IF he promises to NOT talk about the Ex.

It's possible he was just nervous. Most likely not, but just in case...
Sorry! I didn't read through all of the posts first before replying. :ohwell:

mitzi

Apologized for talking about his ex so much, apologized for the story - that's good all it did was upset me, said he had a good time and he doesn't think he's ready to date yet. well that's embarrassing.

I hope I don't run into him at the commissary again.
At least he's being honest.