So I was digging through some boxes to find a cable and found....

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:lol:

I saved them for awhile, then pitched them once it became clear they would never be used again.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Thanks.

I'm looking at these two.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I wonder what they do about the license key?

Older MSDN Stuff had the Lic Key embedded in a web page that opened as part of the installer or it was embedded in the installer ini '

otherwise I am sure you can find it on line somewhere

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
An easy cheat key that use to work on Office and NT installs was either all "1" or "1 through 8"

Don't know if it works on other ms products.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Don't come around our office. :yikes:

I never throw software disks away.
Shoot..we stilll have MSDOS installation disks...and software to install that runs on it. LOL.

I have two old laptops I keep around to run some or our legacy software and old spreadsheets. One is Win95. The other can be booted as either Win98 or Win10. My daily-driver laptop is running Win7. What a mess.

My sister sill has my RS 4P portable computer stored in her basement somewhere. Best machine I ever owned. could boot it with TRSDOS or CPM. Dual 180K floppies. 128K banked memory. Built-in 300 baud modem. I was the envy of my engineering geek friends. I recall paying around $3500 for the puter, some software (VisiCalc, for example) and a dot-matrix printer.

Last edited:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I still have my Atari 800 and all the peripherals and software. In a world where huge room-filling mainframes were the only way to process data, I got many a stink eye when I did it on my Atari. Wrote an 8502 assembler routine to allow it to connect via modem to a Cyber 740 mainframe and uploaded all my work while others were still using dumb CRTs.

We're really showing our age here, ain't we? :lol:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Shoot..we stilll have MSDOS installation disks...and software to install that runs on it. LOL.

I have two old laptops I keep around to run some or our legacy software and old spreadsheets. One is Win95. The other can be booted as either Win98 or Win10. My daily-driver laptop is running Win7. What a mess.

My sister sill has my RS 4P portable computer stored in her basement somewhere. Best machine I ever owned. could boot it with TRSDOS or CPM. Dual 180K floppies. 128K banked memory. Built-in 300 baud modem. I was the envy of my engineering geek friends. I recall paying around $3500 for the puter, some software (VisiCalc, for example) and a dot-matrix printer.
Earliest beast I had was a 8086 with 384k, MSDOS 3.3, 16 color graphics and a, hold on to your hat, 40mb Hard-Card partitioned into a 32Mb C: drive and an 8Mb D: drive. :yahoo: