So if job is in Indian Head...

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Where would you live in St. Mary's county? I am working on something now that I will need to work in Indian Head 3 days a week and from home the other two days a week.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
:jameo:... where is Socki!!! :jameo:

?? what this has nothing to do with Socki.

I have an offer in the works and it is a serious question since I don't know that area the best having worked at Pax during the majority of the time I was there.

Beta

Smile!

I have an offer in the works and it is a serious question since I don't know that area the best having worked at Pax during the majority of the time I was there.

Socki would have a good answer, which is why ICit mentioned her.

Why do you have to stay in St Mary's? Is southern Charles county a problem? Chaptico or northern St Mary's are probably the best, just check google maps for any specific location you're considering.

sockgirl77

After spending the past 2 years forking out $500-600 per month in gas from driving from St. Mary's to Indian Head, I finally made the move to Charles County. I am happy with my decision. :yay:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
After spending the past 2 years forking out $500-600 per month in gas from driving from St. Mary's to Indian Head, I finally made the move to Charles County. I am happy with my decision. :yay:

I thought you bought a house in Town Creek?

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I have to do some number crunching when I get the final salary offer. It is about 40K more than what I made before I moved to SC and about 20 more than I make here.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I have to do some number crunching when I get the final salary offer. It is about 40K more than what I made before I moved to SC and about 20 more than I make here.

Not sure if you're interested in owning or renting, but I'd definitely start off with renting. I work in Dahlgren and would prefer to live in MD myself (closer to friends and family) so for awhile I was looking in places like La Plata and Chaptico. There's a decent selection to choose from. If I hadn't had to unexpectedly purchase a new car, totally setting me back, I'd have a nice little cottage rental by the water in Chaptico right now :ohwell:

Let yourself get to know the area a little more, see how the commute is, then if and when you're comfortable, start looking to own in the neighborhood you've decided is best. Seems like it'd take a lot more stress out of re-relocating.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Maybe you and socki could be roomies and talk about all your funny adventures on the forums.... Socki could be like Blanche.

Last edited:

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Cause Charles County is a scary place to live. :duh:

Pretty much that is what it comes down to. I am not comfortable living in Charles County. I also have the horse that will be residing on a farm in St. Mary's. I used to drive an hour to work in Boston and that was a good day. Again if I was going in 5 days week it would be different.

I am holding off on buying right now only because I am still repairing my credit from my marriage.

Pretty that is what it comes down to. I am not comfortable living in Charles County. I also have the horse that will be residing on a farm in St. Mary's. I used to drive an hour to work in Boston and that was a good day. Again if I was going in 5 days week it would be different.

I am holding off on buying right now only because I am still repairing my credit from my marriage.

No I don't do the roomie thing..Did that when I was broke and had to. I like my quiet time.
Leonardtown to downtown La Plata was a 45 minute drive. add at least another 30 minutes plus to that time if you were going from Leonardtown to IH.

Beta

Smile!
Cause Charles County is a scary place to live. :duh:

Psh, you mean WALDORF is a scary place to live :lol:

Pretty much that is what it comes down to. I am not comfortable living in Charles County. I also have the horse that will be residing on a farm in St. Mary's. I used to drive an hour to work in Boston and that was a good day. Again if I was going in 5 days week it would be different.

If that's your concern, you need to do a whole lot of research on Charles County. Waldorf and the immediate surrounding area isn't "great" but it's probably on par with Lexington Park & California. Outside of that area is pretty good, though. In fact, Charles County is typically rated as one of America's top 25 wealthiest counties (along with Calvert, Montgomery, and a couple of others in Maryland). St. Mary's is absolutely nowhere close to that top 25 rank. What that means is most of Charles county is far better than you give it credit for. The people working at Indian Head wouldn't live in a ghetto and I doubt many/any of them would slum it in St. Mary's when they have better (but maybe more expensive) options close by.

At the very least, wait until you start your job before locking yourself into something. I'm sure the people who work at IH can give you plenty of good options that most people on the forums won't think of.

sockgirl77

Maybe you and socki could be roomies and talk about all your funny adventures on the forums.... Socki could be like Blanche.
:nono: Socki has enough people in her house.

Cause Waldorf is a scary place to live. :duh:
:fixed:

The new PG county.
Funny thing is that I joked about that up until a few weeks ago. Parts of it are, just like parts of St. Mary's is as well. Luckily, I'm not in that part. :lol:

That gives me somewhere to start. Having a dog is complicating find somewhere to live also.
Having a dog means you most certainly need to live closer to work rather than closer to your horse. There are several nice places to consider La Plata and south.

Last edited: