So I'm off

SailorGirl

to get plumbing parts later today. I know what I'm after for the tub, but I thought I'd look for the sprayer thing in a kitchen sink - broke the handle or something. Is that a universal type part and would a you tube video give me enough information to fix it myself? TIA

frequentflier

happy to be living
to get plumbing parts later today. I know what I'm after for the tub, but I thought I'd look for the sprayer thing in a kitchen sink - broke the handle or something. Is that a universal type part and would a you tube video give me enough information to fix it myself? TIA
After your title, I thought you were going to follow with "to see the wizard" :lol:

I read the title, and thought, "Yeah...... we know...."

:huggy:
If it's just the handle that's broken, yes, common and available.

SailorGirl

I read the title, and thought, "Yeah...... we know...."

:huggy:
If it's just the handle that's broken, yes, common and available.
That's pretty funny. You can't just replace the handle right? It's the entire thing including the hose? Not that's broken - just the metal squeezy thing is broken. Is it easy to replace and can I do it myself?

That's pretty funny. You can't just replace the handle right? It's the entire thing including the hose? Not that's broken - just the metal squeezy thing is broken. Is it easy to replace and can I do it myself?
Maybe. If the sprayer were newer, yes, just unscrew the hose off the head and replace. If it's older, and yours probably is, the gasket/washer setup may be slightly different on the newer ones and don't quite fit older hose ends. In that case, you replace the sprayer and the hose. Unscrew the spray head from the hose and take it with you to see if you can match it.

SailorGirl

Maybe. If the sprayer were newer, yes, just unscrew the hose off the head and replace. If it's older, and yours probably is, the gasket/washer setup may be slightly different on the newer ones and don't quite fit older hose ends. In that case, you replace the sprayer and the hose. Unscrew the spray head from the hose and take it with you to see if you can match it.
Well I managed to get it unscrewed. Then I turned the water on to rinse the sink out. Then the water from the freshly unscrewed sprayer hit me smackdab in the face and my just dried hair. Now I can't get the sprayer back on, but I need a nap anyway.

Thanks for the advice! I'll tackle it when I wake up.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
PREMO Member
Ad Free Experience
Patron
:yeahthat: I'm sure the folks at your local hardware will be able to help you out, but be a good customer and take as much of it as you possibly can. This not only helps them help you better, but you'll get an idea of about what you're getting into. :yay:

SailorGirl

:yeahthat: I'm sure the folks at your local hardware will be able to help you out, but be a good customer and take as much of it as you possibly can. This not only helps them help you better, but you'll get an idea of about what you're getting into. :yay:

Oh you mean the people the draw the short straw to wait on me while the owner cowers in his office and says let me know when she's gone?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
PREMO Member
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Oh you mean the people the draw the short straw to wait on me while the owner cowers in his office and says let me know when she's gone?
Nope! I'm sure you're a model customer, but trying to explain ANYTHING plumbing related to a clerk is hit and miss. We like the ones that bring the whole kitchen sink in over the ones that are smart (in their own minds) enough to explain the part that needs fixing.

Just get the whole replacement kit and not just the nozzle. It is very affordable and easy to assemble. YouTube is free.

Just get the whole replacement kit and not just the nozzle. It is very affordable and easy to assemble. YouTube is free.
It's more than likely sold that way anyway, as a kit.

But you just want videos of her replacing the hose under the sink in the back of the cabinet where it's tough to reach and the resulting waterfall when the connection fails, dontcha?

Substitute "woman" for "man"...
I've already replaced the broken bulb in her bathroom, rebuilt the light over the sink, replaced the socket and re-wired her bedroom lamp, and replaced the ballasts and bulbs in her kitchen ceiling fixture. AND gave her a ride in the Slingshot.

It's General Lee's and PrchJrkr's opp to step up.... And the boys from SGI aren't excluded either......

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've already replaced the broken bulb in her bathroom, rebuilt the light over the sink, replaced the socket and re-wired her bedroom lamp, and replaced the ballasts and bulbs in her kitchen ceiling fixture. AND gave her a ride in the Slingshot.

It's General Lee's and PrchJrkr's opp to step up....
Sounded to me like Gen'l Lee was going to be helping with dinner...after a fashion...

But you just want videos of her replacing the hose under the sink in the back of the cabinet where it's tough to reach and the resulting waterfall when the connection fails, dontcha?
If the hose getup is fine then she can just start from the point back to the sink and save the spare parts.

SailorGirl

what?