So interesting...

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That many folks here are dead set on thinking the Abrahamic religions are the only ones that exist.

UglyBear

Apologies, I’m not sure what reply you are looking for, so here’s my personal response:
maybe the lack of wider knowledge of “pagan” faiths is that they tend to be much more localized?
example: I know probably more than any person in 100 mile radius about Slavic and Ugro-Finnic old faith, but that’s only because I have personal connection to them, and their elements are pervasive in my cultural foundation? So I want to learn more about those, but not so much about, let’s say, animistic religion of Horn of Africa tribes?

Anyways, whatever religion, as long as it works for you, answers the questions that you need answered, and makes you a better person (now there’s a loaded concept), nothing wrong with that!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Apologies, I’m not sure what reply you are looking for, so here’s my personal response:
maybe the lack of wider knowledge of “pagan” faiths is that they tend to be much more localized?
example: I know probably more than any person in 100 mile radius about Slavic and Ugro-Finnic old faith, but that’s only because I have personal connection to them, and their elements are pervasive in my cultural foundation? So I want to learn more about those, but not so much about, let’s say, animistic religion of Horn of Africa tribes?

Anyways, whatever religion, as long as it works for you, answers the questions that you need answered, and makes you a better person (now there’s a loaded concept), nothing wrong with that!
Actually UB, yours is a thoughtful, questioning reply of the sort I quite like to read.

I was raised Roman Catholic, but left the Church in the spring of 1975, spent a long time looking for a faith way that spoke to the whispers of my spirit.

Since the summer of 1988, have been following a modern rebirth, revival, rediscovery, reconstruction (what have you) of the beliefs and practices of my pre-Christian Norse ancestors.

In my learning up until then, it looked to me that the Orthodox Abrahamic religions are actually a minority in the world. I was just wondering why anyone, with all the information available, would think or believe otherwise.