So much for separation of Church and State (if it ever did exist)

Hijinx

Priests don't "work for" the Bishop, as in he is not their employer and it's not "his church". It's his diocese, but I'm not sure how that translates to curtailing the Constitutional rights of priests.

The Bishops have a lot of power, and yes The Priests do work for him.
For instance the Church cannot spend any way they like they are controlled by the Diocese.
One Church I know of cannot even fix it's dangerous front step unless the Diocese(bishop ) says so.
You think the priest doesn't work for the Bishop? If the Bishop is unhappy with him he will find his butt in the lowest form of Church in the diocese.
Probably on R.I.Ave. N.E.
The Bishop is much like Royalty, they kiss his ass and his ring when he arrives and he can do anything from closing their school to closing their Church.
By the way if it is closed and sold the Community that worked so hard to build it doesn't get the money.The Diocese does.

That and being told what portion of the collection goes up the road.
The Bishop may not be his employer "per se" but the parishioners who pay him do not have a say in what he does or if they like him, or his hiring and firing.

Last edited:

Hijinx

:tantrum

:blahblah:

get back to me when you want to discuss all the political rally's I mean Sunday church services attended by democrats at 'black' churches

Ever wonder why they picked black Church's to go to.?

As if we didn't know.

This_person

Priests don't "work for" the Bishop, as in he is not their employer and it's not "his church". It's his diocese, but I'm not sure how that translates to curtailing the Constitutional rights of priests.

If he can fire/hire/transfer/promote/demote the priests, they work for him.

The government is not telling the priests to stop anything, the employees' employer is.