So Much Obamacare Win

glhs837

Power with Control
Sooo glad we read this thing before it was passed so we knew it was coming. Glad Ms Pelosi ensured everyone had time to digest all those 1,600 pages.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Except we all knew this hit was coming.

Oh. Right. Well I feel much better now.

Or accountant was regaling us with stories just the other day, of some examples (not by name) of clients that got slammed hard by the size of the refunds Uncle wanted back from subsidies prior year. Thousands of dollars in at least one case....

I'm never owed a refund so US can go pound sand.

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

So: that should make us like it------right????????????

Did I say that?

Newsflash, the individual mandate penalties have been in there since day 1. Everyone knew they'd be penalized if they didn't have insurance, and that penalty would increase year after year.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Did I say that?

Newsflash, the individual mandate penalties have been in there since day 1. Everyone knew they'd be penalized if they didn't have insurance, and that penalty would increase year after year.

What the poor saps didn't know was how ridiculously expensive some really chitty insurance was going to cost when the time came.

So...we went from being able buy expensive insurance - or not - to being fined for not buying even more expensive insurance.

Progress...at it's finest.

Chris0nllyn

What the poor saps didn't know was how ridiculously expensive some really chitty insurance was going to cost when the time came.

So...we went from being able buy expensive insurance - or not - to being fined for not buying even more expensive insurance.

Progress...at it's finest.

I'd argue some of us did. :lol:

Some poor saps who think everything can come free without consequences or price increases elsewhere definitely got a shock.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'd argue some of us did. :lol:

Some poor saps who think everything can come free without consequences or price increases elsewhere definitely got a shock.

What's this "free" nonsense?? I'm talking about the radical premium cost increases coupled with massive increases in deductible thresholds that hit average non-subsidized folks. For what benefit?..and for whom?

Barry said we'd all be saving $2500 a year ..... and Barry never lies.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
What's this "free" nonsense?? I'm talking about the radical premium cost increases coupled with massive increases in deductible thresholds that hit average non-subsidized folks. For what benefit?..and for whom?

This was the change part of his campaign promise. Changed for the worse.

Chris0nllyn

The same people who think health insurance can come free are the same who believed Barry.

Hijinx

True dat. And now they've got the Bern to look to for more of the same.

Bernie promises,they all cheer. not one of them has any idea WTF they are cheering for.

They are cheering for increased taxes , more government, and more debt.

Chris0nllyn

Bernie promises,they all cheer. not one of them has any idea WTF they are cheering for.

They are cheering for increased taxes , more government, and more debt.

I think that's just the way things like campaign rallies and town hall meetings work.

I saw someone post something along the lines of "Bernie promised to invest $10 Trillion in our infrastructure and the crowd cheered. They don't know where that money will come from". While true, I think the same response would happen if Trump said he'd invest Trillions into our infrastructure. Who doesn't like roads and bridges!?

The people that go to these things obviously have a liking of their respective candidate and will clap and cheer for any half-wit idea they come up with. I also think that's why they do say the most outlandish things without thinking twice. As a candidate, if all you ever get is cheer and applause for your idea, no matter how bad, you'll always think your idea is good, and that people love it. Because it's all you see.

ciwmj

He wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on the arse and neither would a clinton.

TheLibertonian

The fee is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. I'm paying 200 dollars a month I shouldn't have to for insurance I don't need so I don't end up in prison due to a fee I can't afford.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
yeah I 'lost' $ 6xx off my refund because I got too much subsidy ....
... even though my estimated salary was MORE than my actual pay - because of unpaid holidays

Many of those say even the cheapest plans available to them at work or on the exchanges are still too expensive, and so they claimed the IRS’s financial burden exemption in refusing to gain coverage. Others said they were exempt because they’d recently been evicted, had a close family member die, or had another hardship that excused them from the mandate.

yeah and the deductibles are killer as well

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
so I don't end up in prison due to a fee I can't afford.

No such possibility exists. The IRS is barred by law from pursuing any manner of legal or collection activity save one: They can deduct the penalty from your refund if you are owed one.