So proud, must temper my boasting

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Son has gotten two scholarships so far. :yahoo:

They aren't large but they will be very helpful. I am proud of him. Both organizations noted his personal essay was very impressive. Alas, he won't be at the Friday ceremonies because he is scheduled to work and his supervisor vetoed taking time off. So others will be spared my whoop of joy as he won't be gracing the stage. Still they will be listed in the graduation program so I can be loud there.

They aren't large but they will be very helpful. I am proud of him. Both organizations noted his personal essay was very impressive. Alas, he won't be at the Friday ceremonies because he is scheduled to work and his supervisor vetoed taking time off. So others will be spared my whoop of joy as he won't be gracing the stage. Still they will be listed in the graduation program so I can be loud there.

:yahoo::yahoo:Congratulations on having such a spectacular son. :yahoo::yahoo:

:high5: High five to you!

sockgirl77

Wait, his boss will not allow him to take off to go to ####ing graduation? Seriously? As important as having a job is right now, I'd tell the boss to go #### himself!

Oh and congratulations. Being a proud Mommy is a wonderful feeling. :smile:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Congratulations, that is great news!

His boss won't let him off work to attend his own graduation?

Awesome, Bre! He has been acknowledged and rewarded for doing something well! That will put a little pep in his step and he'll stand a little taller! :clap:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Wait, his boss will not allow him to take off to go to ####ing graduation? Seriously? As important as having a job is right now, I'd tell the boss to go #### himself!

Oh and congratulations. Being a proud Mommy is a wonderful feeling. :smile:

The awards are a separate ceremony this Friday. He's already scheduled to be off on his graduation the 31st.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Awesome, Bre! He has been acknowledged and rewarded for doing something well! That will put a little pep in his step and he'll stand a little taller! :clap:

:yay: This is so true! Congratulations to your son & yourself! Great job, mom! :huggy:

ZARA

The awards are a separate ceremony this Friday. He's already scheduled to be off on his graduation the 31st.

His boss sounds like a dbag. Is this college or high school? I am assuming HS. Is you son 18 or still a minor? If he is still a minor you can always veto the boss.

It is pretty crappy for the boss/super to do this especially since this is such a great milestone in a person's life. Your son has worked hard for it and deserves to enjoy!

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
His boss sounds like a dbag. Is this college or high school? I am assuming HS. Is you son 18 or still a minor? If he is still a minor you can always veto the boss.

It is pretty crappy for the boss/super to do this especially since this is such a great milestone in a person's life. Your son has worked hard for it and deserves to enjoy!

Nah. Friday is their busiest day and she already approved time off for the senior banquet on the 24th and graduation on the 31st. It is what it is.

ZARA

Nah. Friday is their busiest day and she already approved time off for the senior banquet on the 24th and graduation on the 31st. It is what it is.

Well that's a little better. As long as you two aren't upset about it, that's all that matters. However, I will fume for the both of you. LOL

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member

He'll get his revenge later on when he has a better job than his current boss. :lol:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Well that's a little better. As long as you two aren't upset about it, that's all that matters. However, I will fume for the both of you. LOL

One of the scholarship sponsors just called and wants to reach out to the supervisor and ask them to give him an hour or so to come over to the event. I've got a call in to another parent whose child has worked there longer to see if they think the supervisor would say yes happily or say yes reluctantly and then reduce his hours as vengeance or say straight out NO. I don't know the lady so I don't really know how it would go. Maybe he'll end up going after all.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
One of the scholarship sponsors just called and wants to reach out to the supervisor and ask them to give him an hour or so to come over to the event. I've got a call in to another parent whose child has worked there longer to see if they think the supervisor would say yes happily or say yes reluctantly and then reduce his hours as vengeance or say straight out NO. I don't know the lady so I don't really know how it would go. Maybe he'll end up going after all.

Where does the boy work at?

SoMDGirl42

I understand it is important for him to maintain good attendance at work, but this is an important milestone in his life. It's a once in a lifetime. Does he really want to go to work at a job he probably won't have for the rest of his life to miss this oppurtunity to be praised for a job well done in his education? I'd pick the education. That's what's going to further his career, not the job he's doing as a senior in HS. JMHO

If the boss can't let him off for this, I'd tell them to shove the job, the scholorship is more important. :shrug: