So the Karens are going after Trump living at Mar-a-Lago now

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — As the Senate's impeachment trial of former President Donald Trump begins Tuesday in Washington, a matter even more important to his immediate future is being discussed some 990 miles to the south by the Palm Beach Town Council: Whether he can continue living at Mar-a-Lago.

The council members will hear their attorney's opinion on whether the town can bar Trump from living at his club. That was the deal Trump's lawyer offered nearly 30 years ago: He told the town in 1993 that Trump would be prohibited from living there if it allowed him to convert it from a residence to a club. But this promise was not specifically included in the written agreement, which may take precedence.

That's because, technically, Trump is an employee of the corporation that officially owns Mar-a-Lago — and the written agreement only bars members from living there. Under town regulations, a club can provide onsite housing to its employees. Trump moved into Mar-a-Lago on Jan. 20, the day he left office.

The South Florida town in December received a letter from an attorney representing a Mar-a-Lago neighbor demanding it bar Trump from living there. The unnamed neighbor believes Trump’s residency would decrease property values.

Palm Beach to decide whether Trump can stay at Mar-a-Lago

:doh:

easyliving45

Yes and Trump agreed in writing in 1993 not to live there full time dummy. That's the whole point of the discussion.

keep up.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Yes and Trump agreed in writing in 1993 not to live there full time dummy. That's the whole point of the discussion.

keep up.
What part of "not included in the written agreement" do you not understand?

Again, from the link I posted:

The council members will hear their attorney's opinion on whether the town can bar Trump from living at his club. That was the deal Trump's lawyer offered nearly 30 years ago: He told the town in 1993 that Trump would be prohibited from living there if it allowed him to convert it from a residence to a club. But this promise was not specifically included in the written agreement, which may take precedence.

:banghead:

Will99

The Post said it obtained a copy of the letter, in which it says the neighbors mentioned an agreement that Trump signed in 1993 when he sought to turn what had been a residence into a private club.

Under the terms of the agreement, no guest is permitted to stay at the club for more than "three non-consecutive seven day periods" during one year.

Looks like his signature to me.
The document refers to the guest suites. I don’t believe President Trump lives in a guest suite, but he lives in an apartment which was built for him and had been there for years prior to now.

Will99

What is the purpose of ignoring someone who has a different opinion. If you don’t like what they say than don’t read them. There is way too much of silencing others because they don’t like what is being said.

black dog

Free America
I can't believe they are making him abide by an agreement he agreed to previously.

Life i so unfair!

Using your Juris Doctorate explain to us surfs the legal definition of full time....

And Blacks is not the same as looking it up in grams Feb Ebony.....