So....TP?

SamSpade

I still can't believe that after more than six weeks - toilet paper is still a very rare commodity. Normally I wouldn't care, but I don't have just my own family to supply but also my elderly in-laws, who can't leave their residence.

I try to get some anywhere I go - but it seems incredible that it is SO HARD TO FIND ANYWHERE. How is it possible that there's a much greater need for toilet paper than there was just two months ago?

I was really tempted to steal the giant roll from the store bathroom the other day - although I know there's no way I could get out of the store unnoticed.

Heck, I'd buy online if anyone had any. We have plenty, but when is it going to be back? Is there some house somewhere where someone has floor to ceiling TP?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I went to the store yesterday and now pasta and frozen french fries/tater tots are pretty much sold out. I did find one box of penne that I needed and one bag of fries but I think there might have only been one more on the shelf afterwards.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
I know the feeling. I still have some from the last purchase I made but I do keep an eye out on it. Look at Walmart or Amazon online and see if you can order it and have it delivered. I ordered mega paper towel package from walmart and it took two weeks to deliver. At least I got some.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I went to the store yesterday and now pasta and frozen french fries/tater tots are pretty much sold out. I did find one box of penne that I needed and one bag of fries but I think there might have only been one more on the shelf afterwards.
I noticed the frozen potato selection the first week of the lock down. I guess with all those kids around 24/7, dear mumsy has to have something quick and easy for their kids, that they'd actually eat. I did manage to snag some shoestrings the last time I went. There were only 3 bags where there are usually a dozen.

As far as TP goes, I believe the ones that didn't hoard it in the beginning are extracting their revenge now. I still have an 8 roll stockpile, but I do look every time I find myself in a store.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I noticed the frozen potato selection the first week of the lock down. I guess with all those kids around 24/7, dear mumsy has to have something quick and easy for their kids, that they'd actually eat. I did manage to snag some shoestrings the last time I went. There were only 3 bags where there are usually a dozen.

As far as TP goes, I believe the ones that didn't hoard it in the beginning are extracting their revenge now. I still have an 8 roll stockpile, but I do look every time I find myself in a store.
I guess I never noticed because I don't go down that aisle very often. Maybe because instead of going to Weis, I went to Giant and their bread is in the same aisle as the frozen food section.

FED_UP

I know the feeling. I still have some from the last purchase I made but I do keep an eye out on it. Look at Walmart or Amazon online and see if you can order it and have it delivered. I ordered mega paper towel package from walmart and it took two weeks to deliver. At least I got some.
I looked at Walmart website a few time, it says in store purchase only for TP now or out of stock.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Co-worker got 36 rolls of Charmin from Amazon for less than $1 per roll. That deal didn't last long though.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I just scored the last Cottonelle 24 mega roll pack on Amazon. :yahoo: 24 mega rolls for $25. I thought for sure by the time I put it in my cart, logged in, and finished the ordering process, it would be gone.

PeoplesElbow

People are using more TP because they aren't at work or school pooping, so there is an over abundance of that cheap recycled crap that schools and businesses buy.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I just scored the last Cottonelle 24 mega roll pack on Amazon. :yahoo: 24 mega rolls for $25. I thought for sure by the time I put it in my cart, logged in, and finished the ordering process, it would be gone.

Do you have link to that

I still can't believe that after more than six weeks - toilet paper is still a very rare commodity. Normally I wouldn't care, but I don't have just my own family to supply but also my elderly in-laws, who can't leave their residence.

I try to get some anywhere I go - but it seems incredible that it is SO HARD TO FIND ANYWHERE. How is it possible that there's a much greater need for toilet paper than there was just two months ago?

I was really tempted to steal the giant roll from the store bathroom the other day - although I know there's no way I could get out of the store unnoticed.

Heck, I'd buy online if anyone had any. We have plenty, but when is it going to be back? Is there some house somewhere where someone has floor to ceiling TP?
Call Metropolitan Janitorial Services near the RV's in Mechanicsville. I had no problem. You call ahead and pay, pull up and they put them in your car. 100 rolls for $60. A nice family pack!

awpitt

Main Streeter

I ordered TP on Amazon. Took about four days to get here.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Try BJs but get there first thing.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'm sure we paid for this research...

The amount of toilet paper the average American uses hasn't changed; it's still around 141 rolls per year (compared to 134 rolls in Germany and just 49 rolls in China, AlixParters says). But even small changes in buying habits can throw everything into disarray.

Scat

Seems more like, tell somebody they cant have something and they will break their necks to get it. Snow storm - bread and milk, covid-19 - TP and bleach
But yes, for the most part people are just panic buying because what happens when something really is no longer available. You learn to live without. Demand and supply just aren’t keeping up with each other. I know GP is running 24-7 and producing more than ever and even they dont know where its all going When it leaves there.