So....TP?

BernieP

Resident PIA
I went to the store yesterday and now pasta and frozen french fries/tater tots are pretty much sold out. I did find one box of penne that I needed and one bag of fries but I think there might have only been one more on the shelf afterwards.
Giant has been cleaned out of paper products (tissues, TP, paper towels and wet wipes since the start of this.
The dry goods aisle has been bare, as has the baking aisle. Was doing a pre-Easter food drive shopping list and couldn't find cake mixes and pancake mix. It's not been filled in yet.
Frozen food aisle - hell they might as well pull the plug and clean the cases, they are and have been empty.
If they are getting restocked, people are really hoarding.
I went to BJ's a couple of weeks ago and just missed gray hair shopping hour - I got in just at the ail end, right as other people were starting to get in.
I think I grabbed the last package of TP.
I wonder if Lowes has had a run on snakes?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Giant has been cleaned out of paper products (tissues, TP, paper towels and wet wipes since the start of this.
The dry goods aisle has been bare, as has the baking aisle. Was doing a pre-Easter food drive shopping list and couldn't find cake mixes and pancake mix. It's not been filled in yet.
Frozen food aisle - hell they might as well pull the plug and clean the cases, they are and have been empty.
I went to BJ's a couple of weeks ago and just missed gray hair shopping hour - I got in just at the ail end, right as other people were starting to get in.
Weird... found cake mixes and pancake mixes with no issues. Have bought two of each during this whole thing.

Dukesdad

i was in BJs around 2 this afternoon and people were rolling out of there with tp in nearly every cart:dork:

UglyBear

No rice except for gigantic bags and the meat department was nearly empty. They did have huge packages of ground beef that looked giant nasty salamis.
- I have a shameful freezer jammed with meat but I'm actually starting to get a little concerned.

I would recommend that you get one of those gigantic bags of rice, and separate it into smaller ziplock bags at home (otherwise the moth that loves rice will spoil the whole bag). Also dry beans. And hot sauce.
If SHTF, rice and beans and peanut butter will keep you alive. Once in a while you can liven it up with some defrosted meat.

Hope it won't come to that, but better to be prepared than to starve.

UglyBear

WTH is wrong with this picture that so much is missing from the shelves - is it the hoarders?
Interruptions to the supply chain. It's a very complicated and sensitive operation, designed to maximize efficiency by cutting any redundancy. Now it suffered a shock, with some parts failing. It will get worse.

It will recover, in time -- until then it might get unpleasant. So, it makes sense to get some insurance against starvation now.
I would rather be labelled a hoarder than to see my kids starve.

CRHS89

i was in BJs around 2 this afternoon and people were rolling out of there with tp in nearly every cart:dork:

I was there and saw everyone with tp, but there was none on the shelf, so I must have been just a tad too late. Unless you had to get it somewhere else in the store.

Goldenhawk

I've done the opening-time BJs rush once. Got there 35 minutes before opening time, was about 9th in line; by the time it opened there were several dozen people lined up. Nearly everyone went straight for the TP section, then across to the bread and meats.

So if you really want TP, go stand in line at BJs early, so you're not person number (#of rolls that BJs stocked overnight)+1.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I have to go on the hunt for Mommy Dearest soon. I know where plenty of 1 ply industrial single rolls are stocked, but I'm holding out for 2-ply for her. I'll most likely have to settle for the 1-ply. It's a shame people are still hoarding. I can understand that some people have larger families and they're using much more now that they're all at home, but day-um!

Scat

I've done the opening-time BJs rush once. Got there 35 minutes before opening time, was about 9th in line; by the time it opened there were several dozen people lined up. Nearly everyone went straight for the TP section, then across to the bread and meats.

So if you really want TP, go stand in line at BJs early, so you're not person number (#of rolls that BJs stocked overnight)+1.
Maybe they should just overnight camp. I mean after all, shopping should be at the height of everyone’s existence. :sarcasm:

For someone that advocates for infringing on my rights because of Covid-19, you sure take a lot of risk just to get material possessions. You should have stayed home and ordered in.

CPUSA

I still can't believe that after more than six weeks - toilet paper is still a very rare commodity. Normally I wouldn't care, but I don't have just my own family to supply but also my elderly in-laws, who can't leave their residence.

I try to get some anywhere I go - but it seems incredible that it is SO HARD TO FIND ANYWHERE. How is it possible that there's a much greater need for toilet paper than there was just two months ago?

I was really tempted to steal the giant roll from the store bathroom the other day - although I know there's no way I could get out of the store unnoticed.

Heck, I'd buy online if anyone had any. We have plenty, but when is it going to be back? Is there some house somewhere where someone has floor to ceiling TP?
Luckily, nobody REALLY paid much attention when I first posted this...

FED_UP

I have seen toilet paper in Giant, but I was there at 7:15am, rare for me to be in a store that early.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I have seen toilet paper in Giant, but I was there at 7:15am, rare for me to be in a store that early.
I have to be in work, by the time I get out, Harris is ready to close so Giant is the only option and it's gotten cleaned out.

FED_UP

I have to be in work, by the time I get out, Harris is ready to close so Giant is the only option and it's gotten cleaned out.
You got to get creative. Scenario : (A family member was injured in a car accident and is being transported to the hospital in a critical condition. I need to complete paperwork for his/her treatment and will report to work as soon as I can. ) (
My parents are coming to visit us. Unfortunately, my brother is no longer able to fetch them from the airport. They arrive early, so I shouldn’t be late but if I run into any issues, I will make sure to let you know.) (
I’ve had a migraine since yesterday. It is easing, and I’ll be fine in a few hours, although it means I’m going to be late for work.) (My dog went missing overnight. We found him this morning, but we suspect a car may have hit him. I’m taking him to the vet to be checked up and will be in a little late this morning. (As excuses for being late go, this is not my finest hour. (I accidentally turned off the alarm on my cell phone, and I’ve overslept. This is not the kind of irresponsibility I owe you as a boss. I will be in as soon as possible).

mitzi

Finally found some TP in Family Dollar :yahoo:. Not the best kind, but anything is better than nothing. The limit is 2 packs. Paper towels in Food Lion. Store brand but better than nothing too.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Finally found some TP in Family Dollar :yahoo:. Not the best kind, but anything is better than nothing. The limit is 2 packs. Paper towels in Food Lion. Store brand but better than nothing too.
I did go to Aldi and picked up a few other things as well. 😊

mitzi

I did go to Aldi and picked up a few other things as well. 😊

I went for coffee and a mop. Mainly to GTH out of this place. I never expected to see any so I wasn't even really looking. I can social distance without this freaking mask. I ripped it off at the register (FD), I couldn't breath right and was beginning to gasp. I asked the girl if she cared, she said no she hated it on all day and had hers down below her nose. They have plexiglass up so I think we didn't spread corona to each other. Don't mean to whine but I'm in a bitchy way today.

FED_UP

I went for coffee and a mop. Mainly to GTH out of this place. I never expected to see any so I wasn't even really looking. I can social distance without this freaking mask. I ripped it off at the register (FD), I couldn't breath right and was beginning to gasp. I asked the girl if she cared, she said no she hated it on all day and had hers down below her nose. They have plexiglass up so I think we didn't spread corona to each other. Don't mean to whine but I'm in a bitchy way today.
Yep, just picked up and 18 pk, at Aldi, there was one left but there are a bunch of 12 packs left. 1 per.

mitzi

Yep, just picked up and 18 pk, at Aldi, there was one left but there are a bunch of 12 packs left. 1 per.

They had 12 pks and the 4 pks. The guy told me they aren't putting all they have out at once. Hoping this keeps them from running out from the hoarding before another shipment comes.