So....TP?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm seeing more and more of it in the stores - not a ton, but at least partial shelves full. I ordered 2 12 pks of Scott TP online a few weeks ago and it came in last Friday. That will last a bit. Harris Teeter and Safeway both had 6pks of paper towels, too. :yay:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I'm seeing more and more of it in the stores - not a ton, but at least partial shelves full. I ordered 2 12 pks of Scott TP online a few weeks ago and it came in last Friday. That will last a bit. Harris Teeter and Safeway both had 6pks of paper towels, too. :yay:
I had seen TP one other time since this started. They were stocking the shelves as I walked by. I had just gotten my 24 rolls from Amazon so I didn't feel the need to get more. But yesterday I got two 18 rolls because I wondered when I'd see it again after I ran out of what I had. I did really need paper towels though. Last roll was almost gone.

Kinnakeet

I still can't believe that after more than six weeks - toilet paper is still a very rare commodity. Normally I wouldn't care, but I don't have just my own family to supply but also my elderly in-laws, who can't leave their residence.

I try to get some anywhere I go - but it seems incredible that it is SO HARD TO FIND ANYWHERE. How is it possible that there's a much greater need for toilet paper than there was just two months ago?

I was really tempted to steal the giant roll from the store bathroom the other day - although I know there's no way I could get out of the store unnoticed.

Heck, I'd buy online if anyone had any. We have plenty, but when is it going to be back? Is there some house somewhere where someone has floor to ceiling TP?
I cannot figure out why everyone was buying TP in mass quantities makes no sense at all

SamSpade

I cannot figure out why everyone was buying TP in mass quantities makes no sense at all

My guess is, as always - people FEAR losing something they need. We live in a world where TP is a daily NEED, unlike say, my youngest or my son, who seem to think they don't need to use it at all. But it's why it's on such high demand during say, a snowstorm.

For whatever reason, the two or three OTHER high demand items - milk and bread - no one's had a problem with these - they're easily replenished.
When you go to the store there's no "hole" where the milk or bread used to be.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
The cashier and I were talking about that yesterday. She says she sees the same people day after day coming and buying more TP. She is just as lost about it as the rest of us are. She did say that Giant was getting an entire truckload today with just TP and paper towels.

Scat

Really? Not even when you read comments like. “ I ordered a 24 roll pack online, then while in the store they had the 18 roll packs so I bought 2”. To me, that sounds like a whole lot of people or a whole lot of wasted paper. But, reality is probably that they were AFRAID that they will never be able to get it again. Thanks to the politicians and media, this scenario plays out pretty easily.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Really? Not even when you read comments like. “ I ordered a 24 roll pack online, then while in the store they had the 18 roll packs so I bought 2”. To me, that sounds like a whole lot of people or a whole lot of wasted paper. But, reality is probably that they were AFRAID that they will never be able to get it again. Thanks to the politicians and media, this scenario plays out pretty easily.
The 24 roll pack was ordered well prior to picking up the packs yesterday. We also have three bathrooms to stock. I wanted enough to last through the entire scenario and will not be buying any more. The only reason I bought yesterday was because it was only the second time since March that I've seen toilet paper (and I didn't buy any the first time). Won't see any probably for another few months.

Bann

PREMO Member
:yay:
Also, the two 12 pks came together on Amazon. I always buy the 12 pk which lasts a long time, but these I ordered ahead of time (I thought) and it took awhile to even come in.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
There seem to be two types of people. Those who get a bulk amount and stop just so they have some for the long haul. There are others who buy and buy and buy and make sure that the first group of people can't get it. I am the former, not the latter. I am good for months.

luvmygdaughters

There seem to be two types of people. Those who get a bulk amount and stop just so they have some for the long haul. There are others who buy and buy and buy and make sure that the first group of people can't get it. I am the former, not the latter. I am good for months.
I dont panic buy. But, I am so tired of going to the grocery store on a weekly basis and not seeing toilet paper on the shelves. I saw Wallyworld had it online so I bought enough to last us for a couple of months, plus, I have two daughters and two granddaughters, so if they need any, Momma got them covered!! LOL

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
There seem to be two types of people. Those who get a bulk amount and stop just so they have some for the long haul.
Neither the Mrs or I really like to shop, part of the reason we bulk buy, then buy when supply is at our replenishment quantity.

Kinnakeet

You do have old clothes don't you and a washing machine if it comes down to it use your hand if need be and just wash it more than half the people in this country would not survive if all the grocery stores closed up what do you think people did before TP or grocery stores.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I saw a bunch of off-brand TP at the Weis in Prince Frederick yesterday around 2:30pm. Hoping things are coming back to shelves on a regular basis again.

Bann

PREMO Member
I saw a bunch of off-brand TP at the Weis in Prince Frederick yesterday around 2:30pm. Hoping things are coming back to shelves on a regular basis again.
:yay:
Same at PF Safeway - they also have some paper towels, too.