So...veto...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I want to make sure I understand:

President Trump declared a national emergency.
The House and Senate voted to rescind his declaration.
He vetoed their vote to rescind.

Is that correct?

:crazy:

Midnightrider

Yep, and if the left are anything like you we should see a bunch of posts about how trump’s veto is usurping the voters will. I mean they elected the reps and the senators who voted down trump’s declaration.

The reality is, this is just part of the process. Just like the house and senate voting against his action. Next it will be back to the house for override and if it passes there, back to the senate. Meanwhile the court cases are moving forward. And still no coup........

TCROW

Congratulations! You remember the Schoolhouse Rock song about only a Bill.

Gold Star for you!

And with a majority vote, his veto can be nullified. But it's apparent there will not be a majority vote, so his veto will stand and he will press ahead with the emergency.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And with a majority vote, his veto can be nullified. But it's apparent there will not be a majority vote, so his veto will stand and he will press ahead with the emergency.

Is it just me or does that seem like a colossal waste of time and money?

Hijinx

The Democrats don't mind wasting time and money, in fact since Trump was elected that's pretty much all they have done.
I don't mean you but I mean the forum if the Democrats have done anything of the slightest importance in the last 2 years please just give it a mention, because I have missed it.

Midnightrider

But it's still not over! Now they get to vote to overturn his veto.

:crazy:

We pay these people to run in circles like this.
It’s called the constitution, dummy.

Start another thread about it so we can keep better track of the 7th grade civics lessons you can’t comprehend.

Hijinx

Unless the 12 who vote with the Democrats get a lot of friends lined up to sell America out they cannot beat the veto.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Unless the 12 who vote with the Democrats get a lot of friends lined up to sell America out they cannot beat the veto.

Which makes the whole thing pointless, just like the impeachment charade is pointless.

This is what these people do all day. On our dime.

Hijinx

It's all Congress has done for the last two years.
2 years totally wasted while they attack the President

AND the American people who voted for him.
Let's not forget that.
An attack on the President is an attack on those who voted for him.

This_person

Which makes the whole thing pointless, just like the impeachment charade is pointless.

This is what these people do all day. On our dime.
It's actually what they're supposed to do. The only way to know for sure how the vote will go is to vote.

transporter

Nope it is not just you. 60-70% of Americans agree with you. The President's fixation with building a wall is a colossal waste of time and money. But Trump isn't running this country for the good of the country, its future or in accordance with the wishes of the majority of Americans. He is running this country as a marketing gimmick for himself and in accordance with the wishes of a minority of Americans who tend to be old white and uneducated---folks like yourself, Hijinx and the rest of the ignorati who infest this country.

transporter

The Democrats don't mind wasting time and money, in fact since Trump was elected that's pretty much all they have done.
I don't mean you but I mean the forum if the Democrats have done anything of the slightest importance in the last 2 years please just give it a mention, because I have missed it.

Just to point out the stunningly obvious...the Rs have been in full control up for the past 2 years. The Ds have only been in charge of the House since Jan.

Other than a tax cut for the wealthiest Americans, your precious President and the Rs who controlled Congress have done nothing of any significance to move this country forward. The deficit is far worse than when Trump came in office. We've made no progress on any of the entitlement programs. We've made no progress on immigration---that is just a slogan for morons like you. We've made no real progress on trade. We've made no progress on North Korea. The govt shutdown that Trump so stupidly sought has the potential to result in negative GDP for the first quarter of 2019. The country is more divided because of Trump. America is a weaker and smaller nation because of Trump.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
He is running this country to make it better for himself and in accordance with the wishes of a minority of Americans who tend to be old, white and worked their asses off to get where they are---folks like yourself, Hijinx and the rest of the patriots who support this country, not illegal immigrants who suck up services.

We finally agree on something. There's hope for you yet!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The country is more divided because of juvenile Trump haters. America is a weaker and smaller nation because liberals are stomping their little feets, because they didn't get their way and crown hilary queen.

Damn girl, two in a row! I think maybe you've finally seen the light! GFY!