So what are the good SoMD restaurants now?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm going to have to try that Hideaway place across from the Pier when I get back. When they first opened Monello and I went and it was burgers and mozzerella sticks, but it appears they've changed it up and become a real restaurant.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Meatball Papanini from Papa John's is the absolute best fast-food on earth. That is all!

mitzi

Does Vera's still exist? Been decades but it wasn't bad and she was rather.... "unique" while catering to the kiss ass wanna be fleets coming through.

Vera's is still there. Can't speak for the food but it's still open.

WingsOfGold

Vera's is still there. Can't speak for the food but it's still open.
It was a fun place with good food. I also remember the Frying Pan (soft crabs cheap), Solomon's pier (also good food) The Firehouse Crab House and a few others on the Calvert side of the bridge.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I 😍 Captain Pat's! They cook seafood like I cook seafood. I've never had anything there but oysters and scallops but it was just like eating at home and despite what you may have read about my adventures in cooking - my fried oysters and scallops are always gone the next day. And they have really good hush puppies. And very cold beer. And good crab meat at reasonable prices.
Thank you much,had been considering taking Anita there for dinner one of these days.

WingsOfGold

I will disagree about the Pier. The food has always been mediocre, at best.
I left the area in 1986, it wasn't bad and one hell of a place to party late at night. I docked after crabbing for a few hours, drank a bit, bsed and went back out on the water and crabbed some more. Divorce followed but I sure had fun......................:bann:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I left the area in 1986, it wasn't bad and one hell of a place to party late at night. I docked after crabbing for a few hours, drank a bit, bsed and went back out on the water and crabbed some more. Divorce followed but I sure had fun......................:bann:
So you haven't been there in 35 years?

WingsOfGold

So you haven't been there in 35 years?
Nope, I know it's changed immensely but even back then I liked it. Rt4 now goes all the way down to the Pax. I was nestled in the state park (literally). 5 miles from the Navy rec so I could splash my boat at any time, deer and turkey in back yard, turkey shoots every week at the Legion, cheap beer. What wasn't to like EXCEPT no satellite or cable at that time?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Nope, I know it's changed immensely but even back then I liked it. Rt4 now goes all the way down to the Pax. I was nestled in the state park (literally). 5 miles from the Navy rec so I could splash my boat at any time, deer and turkey in back yard, turkey shoots every week at the Legion, cheap beer. What wasn't to like EXCEPT no satellite or cable at that time?
Well then, you probably shouldn't be giving restaurant recommendations then.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Thank you much,had been considering taking Anita there for dinner one of these days.
I don't think you'll be disappointed. The last time I was in there, the food was cooked to perfection. It's not gourmet, but it doesn't swim in grease like some seafood places. I hope you find it as satisfying as I have. Very casual dining and good food.:yay:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I don't think you'll be disappointed. The last time I was in there, the food was cooked to perfection. It's not gourmet, but it doesn't swim in grease like some seafood places. I hope you find it as satisfying as I have. Very casual dining and good food.:yay:
Pat Wathen is good people too...one of my guys works on restaurant equipment on the side and Pat is one of his friends/customers.