so what can i use?

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Screenshot_2014-05-05-18-11-32.jpg

CRHS89

What is the advantage to using Form Runner/Tapatalk/etc vs just pulling the forums up on a browser?

What is the advantage to using Form Runner/Tapatalk/etc vs just pulling the forums up on a browser?

I think some people think such apps make better use of the limited screen real estate on a phone. They present the forums and various options in a different way, emphasizing the functions that are most commonly used and allowing the information presented to be bigger or otherwise presented in a more desirable way.

Midnightrider

i find the interface on tapatalk to be easier to navagate. Plus when viewing in a browser the pane on my phone is so small that i cant accurately click on links without zooming first.
I dont have any issue using the browser on my tablet.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think some people think such apps make better use of the limited screen real estate on a phone.

We were playing golf Sunday and Pete's son was teasing me and Vince about our giant cell phones - "You could probably hit farther if you didn't have that TV hooked to your belt..." :lol:

We were playing golf Sunday and Pete's son was teasing me and Vince about our giant cell phones - "You could probably hit farther if you didn't have that TV hooked to your belt..." :lol:

:smile: I don't like big phones myself, the advantages are easily outweighed by the drawbacks. But I get that other people have different needs and priorities. For me, the point of a smartphone is that you can have something small and almost unnoticeable (as being carried), and something that you can easily use with one hand, and yet which can do so many things. When I really need a large screen, I go just a bit further on the inconvenience scale and grab a meaningfully larger screen to use. Anyway, to each his own.

But, seriously, on your belt? People still carry their phones around on their hip? What is this, 1998? :lol:

How'd you shoot?

BOP

:smile: I don't like big phones myself, the advantages are easily outweighed by the drawbacks. But I get that other people have different needs and priorities. For me, the point of a smartphone is that you can have something small and almost unnoticeable (as being carried), and something that you can easily use with one hand, and yet which can do so many things. When I really need a large screen, I go just a bit further on the inconvenience scale and grab a meaningfully larger screen to use. Anyway, to each his own.

But, seriously, on your belt? People still carry their phones around on their hip? What is this, 1998? :lol:

How'd you shoot?

I'd rather not carry a large phone, but my eyesight is such that life is much easier with the Samsung Note than with the LG. The Note will still slip into my front pocket, but it's bulky.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Sorry for dredging up this old thread, but what are people using now to follow the forums on their android?