So what did everyone do this weekend?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Everything in the world was going on - Blessing of the Fleet, the Sotterley Wine Festival, our calendar was full of events. So what did you all do?

We went to historic downtown Amarillo, and today Monello geezed at watched football while I tweaked the settings on our new travel blog (!) (I'll post a link once it's ready to be seen by the public)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Visit by friends on Saturday and the pistol range this morning.

Dinner was fried shrimp and haddock.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I didn't visit any of the events. I did get a few more things done on the house, laundry, shopping, hang out with friends, and Motown at Toot's! :dance:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I watched the Redskins game on the internet via Facebook watch party. At halftime they must have switched the players with some DC high school kids. Because the played the Pats close for the first 30 minutes, then watched them run up & down the field in the 2nd half.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Saw some of the vintage boat races in Leonardtown on Saturday, then hit the Rocktoberfest in LaPlata. Good to see a couple forumites while at Rocktoberfest - you know who you are. ;)

Relaxed and threw some lines in the water on Sunday - not much biting, but still a great day.

glhs837

Power with Control
I watched the Redskins game on the internet via Facebook watch party. At halftime they must have switched the players with some DC high school kids. Because the played the Pats close for the first 30 minutes, then watched them run up & down the field in the 2nd half.

Alternatively, the Pats figured out the key to the Skins defense and worked around it better. I think everyone was surprised that the Skins defense came out so well.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Took a trip across the Nice bridge for diesel and smokes. Picked up a free bed liner found on FB for the "work" truck. Unloaded/reloaded toolbox and generator to install said bed liner. Sorted through contents of the truck toolbox which has been a catch-all for 15 years. Found my engine compression tester and timing light I've been missing since the last move. :yay: Caught a mess of perch this AM before the wind picked up. Filleted Friday's catch and shared nature's bounty with my in laws. Took a short nap.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Going out of town next weekend for my sister and brother-in-law's 40th anniversary :faint: so I stuck close to home. Bought a new Roku TV Friday night and had fun setting that up, ran a bunch of errands Saturday morning, then just had to have stuffed ham for lunch and drove over to Chief's. Got it and a pound to go, then went home, scarfed the WHOLE sandwich down, then promptly took a nap. Slept so hard I didn't know what day it was when I woke up. :jameo:

Get together with friends that night, luncheon today, then housework, cooking for the week and a work function later in the week, and watched a little football, and more housework.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
We saw The Joker on Friday night - an excellent movie - but dark. The Joker is a very dark & disturbed character, as most of the Batman/Gotham City villains are. I think Joaquin Phoenix delivers a superb performance in this movie, and should win an Academy Award for it. :yay:

Saturday we spent some time at Rocktoberfest in LaPlata with friends, and then had dinner. Today, I spent the day doing some errands, laundry, catching up financial paperwork, making my first pot of chili for the season, and getting some packing done for our Skyline Drive getaway next weekend.

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Oh, I saw too! REALLY good! Dark and a bit tragic.
Oh yeah! I meant to visit your FB post and find out what you thought about it! Yes, really tragic. Did you ever watch the Gotham series? It's that way with all the characters. They have some surr-i-ous issues. :lol: