So what happens if - the vaccine NEVER "wipes out" COVID?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
All these people staying in close quarters - INDOORS - and all breathing the same re-circulated air.

the statement has been made, sunshine kills the virus

Contrasted with nations where the entire climate is hot but dry - the people are young - and the population spends an enormous amount of time OUTSIDE working.

I have a friend in Kenya, they have not suffered huge numbers of deaths ... they are poor, have little preventive health care, but mostly younger because of other health issues that kill people ... my friend has NOT gotten the jab as most of her family has not .... her father however did .. and she had a Uncle die ' from ' covid

there is a mask mandate, but that is only enforced in the Capitol .... no where else

herb749

Covid number are highly inflated and I do not believe it has killed that many people I think at the time anyone who passed away the doctors were told to claim covid 19 Im sorry but that is my feelings.And if this was an attack on the world by china why is any country doing business with them..Oh wait maybe I should ask the Bidens,Bamas and maybe the clintons

I have noticed more deaths by only cancer & heart disease and not covid combined of late. A friend attended her nephews wedding a cople of weeks ago. 4 people at the reception tested positive. Her SIL died a few days later. At 1st it was blamed on covid. She was suffering with stage 4 lung cancer. She tested negative for covid. Democrats wanted to use the death count to remove Trump.

SamSpade

Liberals saw the pandemic as an opportunity to get people less clingy to individual freedom and more accepting of government planning significant parts of everyone’s lives. Normal would mean relinquishing that power, which is anathema to the Left.

See, THIS was something I still cannot quite get. Let me elaborate --

I read years ago a book about the Soviet Union and one of the observations was that someone - ANYONE - got the tiniest fraction of authority - they USED it like a club on everyone. Flight attendants LOVED to tell EVERYONE to sit down - to stand - to buckle up. And to wait in their seats even though they've landed.

WHY might they do that? Because they live in a world where they have SO LITTLE power. They revel at the chance to be dictators over others.

And this is something I cannot relate to - when I hear someone excuse their bad behavior due to bad parenting, I can just as easily counter with people who LEARNED from that so that they became GREAT PARENTS and very kind people. They grew up wanting to UNDO the things they themselves endured, and had no wish to inflict the same on others.

In Soviet Russia - I get why people yearn to push others around - but why in America? I just can't see lefties wanting to push people around because they can. I don't see them hatching elaborate schemes to cow the public into submission. They're not comic book villains.

I think it is MORE LIKELY they just see themselves as holding the moral high ground, the keepers of the right ideas and think that it is perfectly ok to compel you to do what is right, just as your parents possibly did to you. MADE you apologize to friends. MADE you practice the piano. Because it's good for you.

SamSpade

the statement has been made, sunshine kills the virus

It amazes me sometimes that they persist at all. This and other viruses are little more than strands of DNA surrounded by lipids - blobs of fat. Exposed to air for long or in direct UV light - the coating collapses and the virus is destroyed. HIV is even MORE fragile - it falls apart just upon exposure to AIR. Which is why you can't get AIDS from a toilet seat. NO - not really.

It has to travel from within the body, to within the body, which is why the known paths - sex and needles - help to advance the virus.

Remember when they mocked Trump and claimed he advocated drinking bleach to kill the germs? Later, when it was mentioned that UV light could kill the virus, and similar jokes were made - until they revealed that basically, that IS a method they use - devices that expose tissue IN THE BODY to UV light. Incredible.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The "regular flu" does not kill anywhere near as many as this one has.

We don't really know how many people have died from covid. We know a bunch of people have died with covid, but that doesn't mean that's what killed them. We're being told many of the dead had a comorbidity (another one of those words that the news people discovered and used to death), so they could have just as easily died of that and just happened to also have covid.

The sheer volume of hypocrisy, doublespeak, definition tweaking, and back peddling from our government is enough to make me think it's all bullshit.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
from my employer's just published Covid Vaccination Policy

Reasonable accommodations based on a permitted exemption will be granted when they do not cause [employer ] undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.

A disease with a 99% survival rate ... and I have to PROVE I am not a danger to others

Reactions: rio

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In Soviet Russia - I get why people yearn to push others around - but why in America? I just can't see lefties wanting to push people around because they can. I don't see them hatching elaborate schemes to cow the public into submission. They're not comic book villains.

See, and I absolutely see them as villains pushing people around because they can. Why? Because history supports it.

Look at how many villains there are and have been in this world. Horrible brutal dictators who tortured and killed millions; serial killers who do the most unimaginable things; psychos who brutalize animals and small children.....just because they can. No real reason for it, nothing for them to really gain, they were simply evil and seized the opportunity to act on it.

When you see the Twitter lefties - in their own words - they come across exactly like serial killers. That is not hyperbole, that is an observation. No morals, no compassion, no sense of decorum....they spew these evil awful things with zero self-awareness or remorse. What kind of person says he hopes a 12 year old boy is kidnapped by gay men and gang raped simply because he doesn't like the boy's father? What kind of person even thinks that way?

So don't kid yourself. There is indeed true evil in this world and when these people show themselves for what they are it's best to believe them.

SamSpade

We don't really know how many people have died from covid.

Most years, the flu takes about 30,000 people, give or take. If even 10-20% of the deaths attributed to COVID were 100% square, it still beats the flu by a country mile.

We also have the "excess deaths" stat to consider. It's higher, by a lot. So SOMETHING killed more people than expected. AND fewer people died of the typical respiratory diseases, which is possible considering the efforts made to slow COVID.

So - is it half? A fourth? Uncertainty as to the PRECISE value doesn't diminish the fact that it has taken more lives than the flu. It IS a public health problem.

It is NOT an issue of national emergency. The bullsh!t is that the governments that bought into the crises level of reaction REFUSE to conclude that they were wrong, and are doubling down on STUPID.

Right now the scariest place to live in the world appears to be - Australia. Do you know how many deaths from COVID they claim to have happened, in Australia? Just around 1300. Yep. a nation of 25 million. According to their statistics site, it was the 38th leading cause of death last year. The MEDIAN age was 86. For those under 70 - about 62 deaths. THIS - compared to over 1000 who died in traffic accidents. Around 241 who died of assault. 1874 from drug overdoses. Over 1000 from various alcohol induced deaths. Over 3000 - from suicide.

Heck I will probably find more people were killed by handguns in a nation that's basically outlawed them altogether.

I can think of only ONE understandable reason for their absurd, over the top reaction - the small amount of cases surged after MONTHS of absolutely NO DEATHS and very, very few cases. The leadership convinced themselves, they'd licked it.

SamSpade

So don't kid yourself. There is indeed true evil in this world and when these people show themselves for what they are it's best to believe them.

I've seen evil face to face. Heck, I was a bit surpirsed to meet gang members who have virtually ZERO sense of conscience. And I truly mean, reptilian behavior.

I just can't attribute this - yet - to our leaders. I think MANY of them are desperately corrupt. I think others are simply cowards - they go to Washington intending to change things, and find themselves up against something way too powerful to fight alone.

I had a friend of mine who worked for Dukakis's campaign - a fairly loyal Democrat - who gave up on the party because he learned that as much lip service as they gave to minorites and gays and groups they bellyached were discriminated against - PRIVATELY they did not give a damn and PRIVATELY were just as - if not more - biogted and homophobic and racist as the ones they assailed in the press.

I know that some of them are just conniving snakes - I use, as an example, Harry Reid who during the 2012 campaign, widely promoted the idea that Romney had not paid taxes in 10 years - and smirked after the election, more or less admitting that he made it up to win an election. To the "honesty" of Jonathan Gruber - the "architect" of Obamacare - who later chuckled about the "stupidity of the American voter" commenting on how they're too stupid to grasp how tax credits work - or didn't - who said

“If you have a law that makes explicit that healthy people pay in and sick people get money, it wouldn’t have passed,” Gruber said in a video from 2013. “Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage and, basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever. But basically that was really critical to getting the thing to pass.”

I can't find the guy - but it was back after the 2006 mid-terms - who admitted that the Dems won the House because they advanced the idea that they planned to end the Iraq War - but - they were lying. They had NO intention of doing that.

So - yeah. Absolutely. bastards, all. Something that has come to the light is, there's whole STRATA of corruption and it's not the good party versus the bad party - it's more like Crips and Bloods. If you come to Washington and try to mess up their system, they will eat you.

What I don't understand is, mayors and governors pushing forth edicts of draconian measures. I know they only give a crap about their image and their chances for higher office - or remaining in office. But I can't see the pulling wings off of flies level of sadism.

BLATANT, FLAGRANT hypocrisy - but there must be a reason other than, can I do this? They need SOMEONE to vote for them. This just pisses off everybody.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I can think of only ONE understandable reason for their absurd, over the top reaction

That's because you're a decent moral person who has a hard time conceiving of evil.

Monello and I watch these shows - Breaking Bad, SoA, the Sopranos - and I'm like, WTH?? Who acts like that? Who does that? And the answer is "lots of people". We just don't associate with them, so they're not people we know personally or ever would. I would never fall for a prison inmate who slaughtered his parents, but lots of women do. Scott Peterson reportedly gets a ton of love letters, as did Charles Manson.

I think the simple answer is probably the correct one: the officials in these Australian states are evil fascists who want absolute power and are taking this opportunity to get it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I just can't attribute this - yet - to our leaders.

Oh, I can. I say it every day while watching the news or Jen Psaki's pressers or congressional hearings - ask Monello. "These are terrible people. Pure evil." That is how they present themselves and who they are.

They need SOMEONE to vote for them. This just pisses off everybody.

Nah, there are plenty of people who love them some fascism. This is an historical fact that we can point to in country after country, and what we can see with our own eyes right here right now. How many FB posts have you seen cheering on the lockdowns and vaccine mandates? Because I've seen hundreds of them. I've seen people - people I know personally - insist that Biden should send the NG around to forcibly vaccinate everyone in America. Literally hold them down and inject them.

Fascist dictators don't need anyone to vote for them. Who voted for Kim Jong-un? Or Xi? Or Castro? Or Assad? Here in the US they've already shown that they can make the "election" turn out to be anything they want.

:sshrug:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
What I don't understand is, mayors and governors pushing forth edicts of draconian measures.

1. MOAR Power
  2. Image .. they NEVER want to be accused of ' letting ' grandma die ... they want to accuse heartless Right Wingers of that

SamSpade

How many FB posts have you seen cheering on the lockdowns and vaccine mandates? Because I've seen hundreds of them. I've seen people - people I know personally - insist that Biden should send the NG around to forcibly vaccinate everyone in America. Literally hold them down and inject them.

I know people like that too - but they usually get quiet when I let them think about how they'd feel if it was the RIGHT doing that - the honest ones realize, they don't want to be forced to do anything either - like - forced to carry a child to term that they want to abort. They would hate a regime where right wing ideas are implemented by force of arms.

Fascist dictators don't need anyone to vote for them. Who voted for Kim Jong-un? Or Xi? Or Castro? Or Assad? Here in the US they've already shown that they can make the "election" turn out to be anything they want.

:sshrug:

THAT part - does scare me. Now I do know that Newsom's surviivng the recall is NOT evidence that the left has sabotaged elections. In fact, Mark Steyn has adequately explained that the left did not need to corrupt and break every state election across the country, OR even statewide ones - just six key Democratic cities. Newsom was going to survive it - the state is two thirds Democrat. They won't recall him. VERY few successful gubernatorial recalls in history.

I do see the need to KEEP DRAGGING OUT fear of COVID until the next couple elections for the very reason of securing power - but they don't have it at all IF they have to get past elections to do it. Dictators don't have to maneuver around elections - they already have them.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

This isn't accurate. It's the same "class" as SARS and MERS.
I was referring to the same class in that rona will forever more be with us as a more or less annual thing to deal with as it is with the common cold, the flu, the norovirus, the rotavirus, and whatever else common make-us-sick viruses. I wasn't referring to any specific symptom class. Soon, the rona will be just another bug to catch take off work.

rmorse

If I may ...

I was referring to the same class in that rona will forever more be with us as a more or less annual thing to deal with as it is with the common cold, the flu, the norovirus, the rotavirus, and whatever else common make-us-sick viruses. I wasn't referring to any specific symptom class. Soon, the rona will be just another bug to catch take off work.

Ohhhh I gotcha. Yea I agree with that completely...this is just going to be one of those things that you either get or you don't get each year.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If brevity is the soul of wit - I've proven all too often, I'm a nitwit.

On the other hand - no one here has any idea HOW MUCH I delete that never gets posted.
I delete before posting - easily - a third of everything I write and about 1 in 4 posts, I completely erase.