So what's everyone doing for the Fourth?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Any picnics or fireworks in your future? I'm going to a cookout on the 4th and there are a bunch of fireworks displays throughout the whole weekend. The big one is down the beach at the pier but I'll probably avoid that because traffic and big crowds just aren't fun for me anymore.

SamSpade

Fourth won't be much - middle daughter leaves for a week, some of our friends out of town. Youngest wants to invite a friend, wife ditto -

Probably be just go to the pool and burgers and dogs. MAYBE I'll be brave and fire up the smoker.

frequentflier

happy to be living
No set plans though the weather will be perfect for grilling and or smoking some meats. Picked up veggies for shish ka bobs from Chesapeake bounty yesterday.
We may split and stack more oak if it's not too humid. No plans to fight crowds for fireworks.

rio

Thinking about taking in the Solomon's display. Just hate dealing with the crowds and departure from the island, don't usually get home until after midnight.
My husband and I are on the fence about this too. For the same reasons.

Other than that, I'll probably be spending the day making and canning cucumber relish. Doing bread and butter pickles today.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
My husband and I are on the fence about this too. For the same reasons.

Other than that, I'll probably be spending the day making and canning cucumber relish. Doing bread and butter pickles today.
I made some 'fridge pickles yesterday, but it smelled funny, used an apple cider vinegar I don't usually get, and it had a real odd smell. I'll try them in a few days to see if I throw the whole batch out or not...

rio

I made some 'fridge pickles yesterday, but it smelled funny, used an apple cider vinegar I don't usually get, and it had a real odd smell. I'll try them in a few days to see if I throw the whole batch out or not...
I've actually had cider vinegar get rancid before. Wonder if it was on the store shelf too long. Good luck!

black dog

Free America
Not much, a few hours ago my bestie got a call from her mom in Calvert, her dad took a helo ride to Washington Hosp Center... Looks like some heart issues and a aneurysm thats leaking.
Shes in the air on her way back to Md. crap we were their last weekend.

Last edited: