So what's everyone doing for the Fourth?

mitzi

Still fighting the fleas. Ran out of cortizone cream.

But the worst part... I got bit on my chin under my beard. The only way to effectively treat it was to....

shave the beard off. So sad. Haven't been without my chin buddy in over 25 years. I look nekkid.

I don't know if you've heard this, but sprinkle salt all over where they are. It may take a day or two but it dehydrates them and they die. Kills the eggs too.

mitzi

They are a bitch to get rid of, even with multiple bombings. What finally worked for me (years ago when living in Compton) was a liberal coating of salt on the floors left overnight. It pulls the water out of the air and drowns them. Make sure you have a good shop vac when you clean it up as it will clog any other type of vacuum.

I just posted this too.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I don't know if you've heard this, but sprinkle salt all over where they are. It may take a day or two but it dehydrates them and they die. Kills the eggs too.
If it were winter, I would do this. But in the summer, the salt absorbs water from the air and you get little puddles of salt water. If it's on the carpet, it makes a mess.

But thanx.

PeoplesElbow

I have been told that dusting with Diatomaceous Earth will do a swift job also.
The sharp edges of the material will cut the outer layer of the exoskeleton and the fleas will parish.
Dont know if I'd put that inside because it's very fine and might be a bitch to vacuum up.

mitzi

If it were winter, I would do this. But in the summer, the salt absorbs water from the air and you get little puddles of salt water. If it's on the carpet, it makes a mess.

But thanx.

Wow, I never had that happen.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Yeah, been here before, and yes, a real PITA to get rid of. Vacuuming is a big part of getting rid of them.

You have no idea how close to the truth this is and my state of mind right now....

Oh well, then I'd feel bad about killing them if they are religious and fleeing to their house of God for sanctuary from the chemical attacks.
Do you put anything toxic in the vacuum bags to kill the fleas when the get sucked into the bag? Vacuum bags are porous - take the bag out to the trash every time and DROWN it in water to kill the fleas. Otherwise, the life cycle continues.

I have a Rainbow vacuum cleaner, the water basin at the bottom is where all the dirt and anything else goes. Fleas or any other small insect like that drown right away. I've owned one continuously since 1986 and wouldn't own anything else. I'm on my 3rd one.

Good luck - fleas are a PITA