So When do the Masks Come Off?

TPD

the poor dad
I’m sick of this mask BS and am still not convinced they are helpful for preventing the Kung Flu. But more states are requiring them. I have yet to wear one and have been admonished numerous times for not masking up.

When we were locked down, we were told we had to flatten the curve to get our freedoms back. We did what was asked and are still on our knees before our gods begging for the chains to be completely released.

So what is the goal for having the mask requirement removed? Our numbers are way down. Are we supposed to get to zero? Or are masks now a permanent fixture in our lives until a vaccine is found and mandated? Or do they magically disappear after the election?

What is your best guess?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
It would be nice if areas with low/no infection rate can go maskless but all that would mean is that those in high infected areas would invade. I say make masks recommended but not mandatory. Let the people decide their fate.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I’m sick of this mask BS and am still not convinced they are helpful for preventing the Kung Flu. But more states are requiring them. I have yet to wear one and have been admonished numerous times for not masking up.

When we were locked down, we were told we had to flatten the curve to get our freedoms back. We did what was asked and are still on our knees before our gods begging for the chains to be completely released.

So what is the goal for having the mask requirement removed? Our numbers are way down. Are we supposed to get to zero? Or are masks now a permanent fixture in our lives until a vaccine is found and mandated? Or do they magically disappear after the election?

What is your best guess?
This could very well be the answer.

TPD

the poor dad
Make the mask recommended and allow the businesses to decide if their customers must where them. We can decide where we spend our money.

which is exactly what we are doing at our business. This has been my philosophy from the beginning- let the customer decide if they like the way we run our business - maskless! So far my bank account shows the customers like us.

TPD

the poor dad
If I may ...

This could very well be the answer.

What was the original air date of that? I’m sure not recent because everyone has jumped on the bandwagon with masks - including my favorite FoxNews personalities, which will cause me to stop watching them.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

What was the original air date of that? I’m sure not recent because everyone has jumped on the bandwagon with masks - including my favorite FoxNews personalities, which will cause me to stop watching them.
I don't know. It was uploaded July 2nd though.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
February 27th of this year. So yes, it's been a minute.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Hannity gets paid to say whatever they tell him to say. They told him to push masks.

Fox is the only place on TV to hear conservative voices, so I hope they don't screw it up.

TPD

the poor dad
Hannity gets paid to say whatever they tell him to say. They told him to push masks.

Fox is the only place on TV to hear conservative voices, so I hope they don't screw it up.
McCallum & Baier have a public service announcement about masks now that run on FNC. Not sure what hannity is saying though. But yeah I agree with you - don’t screw it up Fox!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
McCallum & Baier have a public service announcement about masks now that run on FNC. Not sure what hannity is saying though. But yeah I agree with you - don’t screw it up Fox!

Hannity has the same PSA telling people to wear masks. I haven't seen the ones with McCallum and Baier.

TheRadargod

All the Fox personalities made a sudden shift to "Well you should wear a mask" Yesterday President Trump went semi-pro-mask. They are neutralizing the whole mask thing. Fine, whatever. I'm still about freedom and personal responsibility. As in I'm free to not wear the stupid thing and we all decide how personally responsible we want to be. I'm not sick and you're not sick and you can be scared or not, now go live.

Jurgo

All the Fox personalities made a sudden shift to "Well you should wear a mask" Yesterday President Trump went semi-pro-mask. They are neutralizing the whole mask thing. Fine, whatever. I'm still about freedom and personal responsibility. As in I'm free to not wear the stupid thing and we all decide how personally responsible we want to be. I'm not sick and you're not sick and you can be scared or not, now go live.

I could not agree more, GaydarGod. You want to wear a mask to protect others from you because you think it will help, great. You get to choose to do that.

I once took a dump in the middle of a Panera and fought the fascist charges all the way to the state court. You don’t want to risk my “criminal, unhygienic behavior” then you protect yourself. It’s that simple.

I join hands with you GayGod, in our efforts to spread our sh*t and freedom on all the faces of America’s citizens. You and I get it.

TheRadargod

I once took a dump in the middle of a Panera and fought the fascist charges all the way to the state court. You don’t want to risk my “criminal, unhygienic behavior” then you protect yourself. It’s that simple

I once confused criminal unhygenic behavior in Panera for food. that didnt go as planned

awpitt

Main Streeter
During my travel to Japan, I noticed that a lot of people there were wearing masks. I've been told that when someone there isn't feeling good, they wear a mask out of consideration and respect for the health of others. It's just the way they've been doing things for years now. Having been there and being able to contrast their behavior with that of what I've been seeing here, at home, during this whole COVID thing is a real eye opener about the differences in behavior. Japan has had under a 1,000 deaths due to COVID-19.

Jurgo

During my travel to Japan, I noticed that a lot of people there were wearing masks. I've been told that when someone there isn't feeling good, they wear a mask out of consideration and respect for the health of others. It's just the way they've been doing things for years now. Having been there and being able to contrast their behavior with that of what I've been seeing here, at home, during this whole COVID thing is a real eye opener about the differences in behavior. Japan has had under a 1,000 deaths due to COVID-19.

And are you forgetting a little thing called Pearl Neckl— err, Pearl Harbor???

awpitt

Main Streeter
And are you forgetting a little thing called Pearl Neckl— err, Pearl Harbor???

No. Of course not. I'm not even sure why you would even ask such a question. The Japan of today is a completely different country than the Japan of the Pearl Harbor era. Try to keep up.

Jurgo

No. Of course not. I'm not even sure why you would even ask such a question. The Japan of today is a completely different country than the Japan of the Pearl Harbor era. Try to keep up.

Look what I’m saying is that wearing masks is unamerican and that at one crucial point in time so was Japan. I’m not saying you’re a traitor for comparing our societies’ mask-wearing behavior, but you kind of are. Just my two cents.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Look what I’m saying is that wearing masks is unamerican and that at one crucial point in time so was Japan. I’m not saying you’re a traitor for comparing our societies’ mask-wearing behavior, but you kind of are. Just my two cents.

Wearing masks is "unamerican"? I would like to think that consideration and respect for others would be very American. Those are things my parents taught me when I was a kid. Things I taught my kids. Not sure what happened to you. From your comments, you sound like a very self centered entity. And to suggest that I might be "kind of" a traitor? You are so full of it. I served our country in uniform. I come from a family with multiple generations who have served our country. The most recent being my son and daughter-in-law.

Your "two cents" are very disturbing. I will do you a favor and tell you to don't waste any time responding to my post because I will not see it. No one calls me a traitor or even suggests it.