So When do the Masks Come Off?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
With a quick search I found that Florida is an "at will" state. I didn't watch the video, I just read the transcript, but it sounds like the insurance company was within their rights to let him go. I don't agree with mandatory face masks, but do believe that stores have a right to set policy within their stores. I continue to distance myself from others because of Mommy Dearest's age/health, but don't believe everyone should share my burden.

What bothers me most about this article is the use of the pronoun "their" when the insurance company should have used "his" instead, in their press release. I wouldn't use "their" company for my insurance needs.

And yes, I'm ****ing tired to death of this government mandated bullshit...

Scat

With a quick search I found that Florida is an "at will" state. I didn't watch the video, I just read the transcript, but it sounds like the insurance company was within their rights to let him go. I don't agree with mandatory face masks, but do believe that stores have a right to set policy within their stores. I continue to distance myself from others because of Mommy Dearest's age/health, but don't believe everyone should share my burden.

What bothers me most about this article is the use of the pronoun "their" when the insurance company should have used "his" instead, in their press release. I wouldn't use "their" company for my insurance needs.

And yes, I'm ****ing tired to death of this government mandated bullshit...
But that doesnt exempt the employer from being sued for wrongful termination. IMO, this is another case of the video shows so little that the only reason people are offended is because they think they should be. There is not any ”before” video of the “victim”, how do you know they weren’t a bigger ass? Why doesnt he have a “right” to tell them to turn off their F’ing phone? Does a fellow shopper have a “right” to enforce store policy?
IMO, this is more about the perpetually offended continuing to be offended and pampered to. What happens when its your turn because you offend someone? Will you be thrilled that you got fired over it?

Last edited:

PeoplesElbow

But that doesnt exempt the employer from being sued for wrongful termination. IMO, this is another case of the video shows so little that the only reason people are offended is because they think they should be. There is not any ”before” video of the “victim”, how do you know they weren’t a bigger ass? Why doesnt he have a “right” to tell them to turn off their F’ing phone? Does a fellow shopper have a “right” to enforce store policy?
IMO, this is more about the perpetually offended continuing to be offended and pampered to. What happens when its your turn because you offend someone? Will you be thrilled that you got fired over it?
I don't think anyone would be thrilled over being fired.

He could have ignored them, calmly said bite me and kept going etc.

The only reason you care is what side of the argument he is on. If he was flipping his crap about someone not wearing a mask you would laugh at it. The standards should be the same, professionals shouldn't flip thier crap like a minimum wage McDonalds worker would.

PeoplesElbow

Correct...because you and others automatically assume you know the whole story and that the victim did nothing. Armchair quarterbacking at its finest.
I don't assume to know the entire story, no matter what was said before that he was still an ass. Someone else being a turd doesn't make it ok for you to be a turd.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Never once did I say I agreed. Florida is an "at will" state. My feelings have nothing to do with it. If you, or he disagree, work to change the law. I have no dog in this fight, I was just stating facts.:sshrug:

I won't be fired over a facemask, or any other reason for that matter. That's what happens when you're a close personal friend of the boss. I also set my own hours, schedule, and salary. :yay:

Oops, there he is now! Gotta run!

stgislander

PREMO Member
And then there is this guy who lost his insurance job because he lost his chit in Costco. I’m sure I will be fired when my boss discovers what I am posting here about masks....

Don't worry about it. If @Gilligan hasn't been fired yet, you're good. :lol:

SugarBear47

I’m sick of this mask BS and am still not convinced they are helpful for preventing the Kung Flu. But more states are requiring them. I have yet to wear one and have been admonished numerous times for not masking up.

When we were locked down, we were told we had to flatten the curve to get our freedoms back. We did what was asked and are still on our knees before our gods begging for the chains to be completely released.

So what is the goal for having the mask requirement removed? Our numbers are way down. Are we supposed to get to zero? Or are masks now a permanent fixture in our lives until a vaccine is found and mandated? Or do they magically disappear after the election?

What is your best guess?
I could not agree more. It is all bull to begin with and after 5 mths stuck inside and wearing a mask, this morning in Giant I was harassed by an employee at self checkout to cover my nose. 3 times she kept tellinin me. I would pull it out to take a breath because I'm copd. Well I call that harassment and that's where I draw the line on wearing masks that have never been proven or disproven as being effective. This is America, lets start acting like it and protest face masks.!!!!

Jurgo

I could not agree more. It is all bull to begin with and after 5 mths stuck inside and wearing a mask, this morning in Giant I was harassed by an employee at self checkout to cover my nose. 3 times she kept tellinin me. I would pull it out to take a breath because I'm copd. Well I call that harassment and that's where I draw the line on wearing masks that have never been proven or disproven as being effective. This is America, leisure start acting like b it and protest face masks.!!!!

I could not agree more!! If the situations in Texas and Arizona and Florida tell us anything it’s that people like you should be there, sticking up for everyone’s god given American rights!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry you were harassed, and thank God for your intelligence and bravery. “SugarBear47 is a complete snowflake moron whose loved ones should die from Covid she spreads to them,” is something no one has ever said, and that’s because you’re great!