So When do the Masks Come Off?

TPD

the poor dad
But the real question- the health officials say if everyone in the nation wears a mask for 4-6 weeks ( or 8 depending on who you listen to) then the Wuhan disappears, yet here in Maryland we have been required to wear masks since April, 12 weeks by my calculations, so why are we seeing a surge in Maryland after 12 weeks of masking when we are being told 6 weeks is all that is necessary?

Jurgo

But the real question- the health officials say if everyone in the nation wears a mask for 4-6 weeks ( or 8 depending on who you listen to) then the Wuhan disappears, yet here in Maryland we have been required to wear masks since April, 12 weeks by my calculations, so why are we seeing a surge in Maryland after 12 weeks of masking when we are being told 6 weeks is all that is necessary?

This post raises some questions.

1. A surge in Maryland, you say? If this virus is no more problematic than a common flu, then how would cases be surging? The common flu does not “surge” like this in the summer. Are you agreeing that this virus is in some ways different than the common flu? If so, you have aligned yourself against several forumites and may want to proceed with caution.

2. I dont remember hearing that masks would be temporary or specified to be useful for a particular set of weeks; my understanding was that they would be a part of regular life while the virus is spreading and treatments or vaccines are unavailable. Not saying this wasn’t said, just that I don’t recall it. Can you provide me a quick source? Thanks!

3. How are you so darn cute?

Jurgo

But it's ok for you to imply crapping on someone's face?
Ignore time....

I was not implying “crapping” on his face! My god you’re sick. I was clearly talking about other discharged substances making their way to ones face. Grow up.