So When do the Masks Come Off?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I've just uncovered a plot. There is an organized religion dedicated to the spread of droplet infection. No masks. Sneezing is part of the prayer ceremony.

Oh mighty Arkleseizure, thou gazed from high above. And sneezed from out thy nostrils, a gift of bounteous love. The universe around us emerged from thy nose. Now we await with eager expectation, thy handkerchief, to bring us back to thee.

Let us pray. Oh mighty one, we raise our noses to you blocked and unblown, send the handkerchief O blessed one that we may be wiped clean.

[Everyone in the congregation sneezes simultaneously]
Bless you.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
During my travel to Japan, I noticed that a lot of people there were wearing masks. I've been told that when someone there isn't feeling good, they wear a mask out of consideration and respect for the health of others. It's just the way they've been doing things for years now. Having been there and being able to contrast their behavior with that of what I've been seeing here, at home, during this whole COVID thing is a real eye opener about the differences in behavior. Japan has had under a 1,000 deaths due to COVID-19.

In Tokyo they wear masks because the air quality is so poor.

PeoplesElbow

FYI someone said they never heard of a Walmart or grocery store being closed, I just came from one that was closed, had people out front directing everyone away.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
FYI someone said they never heard of a Walmart or grocery store being closed, I just came from one that was closed, had people out front directing everyone away.

Very unusual. Thinking they had multiple employees test positive and shut down for disinfecting.

TPD

the poor dad
Heard On the radio this morning that Seacrets in OC had positive Wuhan employees but would be open as normal tonight with their non-positive staff.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Just saw on NHK News that the Chinese have developed a software update for reading CT chest scans for Corona with a 95% accuracy in 10 seconds from the end of the scan. This article is a few months old, but explains the process.

SugarBear47

the day after the election, the virus will disappear since this is all Bull$hit, only tring to hurt TRUMP, and before you Trolls start, the libatards said it themselves
That is exactly right. People are so consumed with running scared and enabling the libatards to continue to make fools of us. Masks were mandated in April and May. Now in July it is encouraged but NOT required!!

SugarBear47

If you can't wear a mask properly, then don't go into public spaces.

It's not just about you, but everyone else too.
I don't have to wear a mask because in July it is not required. As far as everyone else, hey if you are running scared then by all means put a rag on your little face. But I don't.

Jayn2

Yea this mask thing is complete bull crap! I am required to not only to wear one on the bus, at work/in stores, but after like 5 months after the fact I am now required to wear a mask in the halls in my apartment building. I am a cart attendant at BJs so art lease I can take mine off working in the parking lot..

PeoplesElbow

Masks suck, I will not argue that point, but there is mounting evidence that even a cloth mask may help. If the R value is above 2 the number of infected increases, below and it decreases. If they move that number a little from one side of 2 to the other then they have done their job.

PeoplesElbow

not with people constantly touching the damn thiung
So if someone has the virus on their hands that means they either have it or touched something that had it on it, so it probably was or is in the air at one point. I dont think it poses too much a risk to me if someone else touches their mask.

My point is that the cloth masks can filter out some of the virus in the air and reduce the chances of getting infected, even if it's by 10% it could make the R value go down to where infections reduce instead of increase.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I dont think it poses too much a risk to me if someone else touches their mask.

Think about that grocery shopping ..... door knobs .. hand rails ...

mask .. grocery item ... mask .. grocery item ....mask .. grocery item ... mask .. grocery item ....mask .. grocery item ... mask .. grocery item ....mask .. grocery item ... mask .. grocery item ....mask .. grocery item ... mask .. grocery item ....

the latest thing I read most of the infections are people in close proximity in the same living space

not the beach, not the park, not at work ... or getting a hair cut