So When do the Masks Come Off?

SamSpade

I like THIS that I saw on Facebook...

Evidently - FLU is down this season, because people are wearing masks and social distancing - but -
COVID-19 is UP this season, because won't wear the damned masks or socially distance.
_

Ok, it's not really funny - what it SAYS to me is that masks and social distancing don't do a LOT to contain the virus.
We're probably going to find out that it's something completely different.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Evidently - FLU is down this season, because people are wearing masks and social distancing - but -
COVID-19 is UP this season, because won't wear the damned masks or socially distance.
_

Ok, it's not really funny - what it SAYS to me is that masks and social distancing don't do a LOT to contain the virus.

The Great 2020 Seasonal Flu/Influenza Disappearing Act

2020-12-31_5-50-14.jpg

2020-12-31_5-49-16.jpg

BernieP

Resident PIA

_

Irony is funny

stgislander

PREMO Member
Supposedly in Larry's presser today he saying schools need to reopen ASAP. I pulled this quote from the Cumberland Times.

There is no public health reason for school boards to keep students out of school, Gov. Larry Hogan said Thursday.

Maryland is "urgently calling" on all county school systems to immediately try to return to in-person instruction no later than March 1, he said.

Hogan said he wanted “to make it clear” to unions that he expect teachers to make every effort to return to the classroom.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

"Hey there pretty baby..no..no really...I'm from the Health Dept and this is how we're testing now....no..really..."

UglyBear

"Hey there pretty baby..no..no really...I'm from the Health Dept and this is how we're testing now....no..really..."
I think I saw a movie like that back in my teenage years!

Wait, were they training for COVID back then? Well, good that they trained, because that tester guy then got all confused and used the wrong probe on the pretty lady... hope they got it right by now.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Got a question. Or two.
There is a huge push to get everyone vaccinated, get to heard immunity levels. Ok, I get that concept. But what if you already have antibodies? Does an injection do any good or is it a wasted shot? It's been shown that many could have been exposed and not developed symptoms, and are likely to have natural antibodies. Wouldn't it be smart to perform an antibody test first to see who is a candidate for an injection? And if you do have antibodies, drop you in a chair for a blood donation?

Grumpy

Got a question. Or two.
There is a huge push to get everyone vaccinated, get to heard immunity levels. Ok, I get that concept. But what if you already have antibodies? Does an injection do any good or is it a wasted shot? It's been shown that many could have been exposed and not developed symptoms, and are likely to have natural antibodies. Wouldn't it be smart to perform an antibody test first to see who is a candidate for an injection? And if you do have antibodies, drop you in a chair for a blood donation?
We have enough pop-ups on the net without a "Ger your antibody test, only $29.95"