So When do the Masks Come Off?

TPD

the poor dad
Not only are the masks never coming off but now we all get govt supplied masks to wear!

TPD

the poor dad
I was informed a couple days ago by my daughter that mask wearing at the Ridge dump (transfer station - will always be dump to me) is being enforced. Is this new policy? I thought if you were outside and could maintain your distance that masking wasn't required. I've checked the county govt website but see nothing about this policy. Anyone?

I think it is a bit absurd to be enforcing this when our own county commissioners are not all wearing masks INSIDE during their meetings on Tuesdays that are open to the public.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I was informed a couple days ago by my daughter that mask wearing at the Ridge dump (transfer station - will always be dump to me) is being enforced. Is this new policy? I thought if you were outside and could maintain your distance that masking wasn't required. I've checked the county govt website but see nothing about this policy. Anyone?

I think it is a bit absurd to be enforcing this when our own county commissioners are not all wearing masks INSIDE during their meetings on Tuesdays that are open to the public.
There is a sign up at St. Andrews, but not everyone follows it, including me.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Waiting to see how hard the masketeers push the NEW double bagging guidance since it came from the CDC!! FoLL0w Th3 sCiEnC#!!™

How many of the fearlings touted the school reopening guidance that the CDC released in September of 2020?

Reactions: TPD

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
They are literally making this crap up as they go along just to see if people will do it, then stepping back to laugh when they do. :dork:
Sort of like Rocket in Guardians of the Galaxy when he told Quill he needed some guy prosthetic leg, just to see if he could get it from him.

TPD

the poor dad
There is a sign up at St. Andrews, but not everyone follows it, including me.

My daughter has been twice this week to Ridge and each time the guy said something to her, so not sure if it's a new guy or not working there.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My daughter has been twice this week to Ridge and each time the guy said something to her, so not sure if it's a new guy or not working there.
The guys that work at StA wear their masks but have never said anything to me. I'm there weekly.

TPD

the poor dad
Not only are the masks not coming off but now we can have them sterilized and reuse them up to 20 times thx to some inventors in SMC.

But why is the SMCHD donating this device? This should be left to private industry in my opinion, not my tax dollars. I can't imagine what the SMCHD budget has looked like the last 12 months - I bet they have tax dollars rolling in hand over fist - probably can't count it fast enough.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Not only are the masks not coming off but now we can have them sterilized and reuse them up to 20 times thx to some inventors in SMC.

But why is the SMCHD donating this device? This should be left to private industry in my opinion, not my tax dollars. I can't imagine what the SMCHD budget has looked like the last 12 months - I bet they have tax dollars rolling in hand over fist - probably can't count it fast enough.

But we don't need that. Biden is sending us free masks, as many as we need.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden Administration: ‘We Don’t Know At This Point’ When Life Will ‘Return To Normal’ From Pandemic

“One is, even though we will have enough doses for every person in this country, as you all know, [because] we’ve talked about it in here, vaccine hesitancy remains a challenge,” she added. “We need to ensure that everybody who can get a dose is getting a dose; we will also need to be masking for some time; we will also need to be still taking social distancing measures.”

“So, you know, there is, of course, is an understandable question, and I think the president wants things to return to normal, as we all do, but we don’t know at this point what that timeline is going to look like,” she added.

Psaki’s comments come after Biden said just two days after taking office that “there’s nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the pandemic in the next several months.”

Biden said during a CNN town hall event last night that the officials who are advising him on the coronavirus pandemic are telling him, “Be careful not to predict things that you don’t know for certain what’s going to happen because then you’ll be held accountable.” Biden suggested that things might being returning to normal “by next Christmas.”

Blister

Another person just doing their job as they are told to by their bossman. He doesn't make the rules but might fired for not at least saying something.

GregV814

uh ohhhh, a new new newest strain of the 'Rona has popped up! Yes, the Bolivian-Pressley strain, 124 times more badder than before has popped up. Its source is still unclear, its composition is in dispute . Proposed mandates to combat the spread of this villainous disease to be unveiled at a later date, includes 20th century deep sea diving PPE with a brass helmet to be worn, 150 foot "social distancing" according to President Harris' Spokesman Michael Moore. In other news, only LBiGTQ contestants will be certified contestants on Jeopardy. Ooooops, that old news.