So When do the Masks Come Off?

Jayn2

Just asking, what will happen if I just walked in a store without a mask, would you get kicked out, arrested? Or..

Just asking, what will happen if I just walked in a store without a mask, would you get kicked out, arrested? Or..
I have a friend who went to the California Walmart with his young daughter. He had a mask, she did not. He had a copy of the paperwork from her doctor giving medical exemption. He was told to mask her or leave. He refused. They called cops. Cops told him the store has jurisdiction. The store filed an order to prevent him from coming in the store.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Mommy Dearest was asked to mask up or leave when she tried to get away without wearing a mask in Leonardtown Food Lion. It was difficult to wear one with her oxygen, but she managed. She raised a small fuss, but damned if she was going to miss the sale items she was after.

Last edited:

TPD

the poor dad
Depends on store policy. I have been preaching this since August - no where in the governor's executive order does it state that the store employees/owners must enforce the diaper wearing - they must only post a sign on the door stating they are required. Some of the chain stores are requiring before you can come inside. The whole other grey area is the medical exemption - no one is allowed to ask for paperwork. This falls under ADA - you claiming a medical exemption is the same as a person in a wheelchair - the stores must accommodate you. If they won't let you in because you don't have on the mask, then they must give you other alternatives.

UglyBear

I have a friend who went to the California Walmart with his young daughter. He had a mask, she did not. He had a copy of the paperwork from her doctor giving medical exemption. He was told to mask her or leave. He refused. They called cops. Cops told him the store has jurisdiction. The store filed an order to prevent him from coming in the store.
That there sounds like grounds for a serious Big Moolah Lawsuit.
there must be hundreds of these stories out there — why don’t the victims record every single detail of it, and find a nice ambulance chaser?

Jayn2

Mommy Dearest was asked mask up or leave when she tried to get away without wearing a mask in Leonardtown Food Lion. It was difficult to wear one with her oxygen, but she managed. She raised a small fuss, but damned if she was going to miss the sale items she was after.

Yea I had a run-in with them once, I was in there shopping when my mask pop off. The girl at the front line demanded where my mask was and I told her what happened. Pretty sure she knew and to act like that..

snowygirl

I once walked into the PF Safeway without a mask on because I forgot. Nobody said anything but while I was waiting in line for my prescription this older man gave me a dirty look while he was leaving. Then I realized I forgot it. I apologized to the pharmacist and she gave me one. So I guess it depends on where you go .

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Depends on store policy.
At my Big Box, we were specifically instructed by Corporate to NOT confront a maskless individual, save for offering a mask. If they refuse, we do have the option to not work with them.

Reactions: TPD

TPD

the poor dad
At my Big Box, we were specifically instructed by Corporate to NOT confront a maskless individual, save for offering a mask. If they refuse, we do have the option to not work with them.
As it should be in my opinion. There are too many crazies out there to put employees in jeopardy trying to enforce mask wearing. You may see it differently as an employee with underlying health conditions but it appears your employer has given you the option to step away and remain healthy.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
As it should be in my opinion. There are too many crazies out there to put employees in jeopardy trying to enforce mask wearing. You may see it differently as an employee with underlying health conditions but it appears your employer has given you the option to step away and remain healthy.
Plus, I understand the mask is more to protect other people, should I be sick, rather than me from them.
It's really the only thing I am doing different from usual cold and flu season.

BTW, am now 2,091 days post surgery for the cancer, and still no signs of return. :bann:

Last edited:

TPD

the poor dad
Masks are never coming off - pushed out to 20222 now.