So - where do we vote?

SamSpade

I've been in and out of town, and I am not up to date with how voting is going to happen.

Where do I find out?

awpitt

Main Streeter
I've been in and out of town, and I am not up to date with how voting is going to happen.

Where do I find out?

With the approval of expanding the number of Voting Centers, the actual locations aren't set yet.
https://elections.maryland.gov/voting/index.html

https://elections.maryland.gov/voting/index.html

When can I vote?
For the 2020 Presidential General Election:
  • You can either vote in person during early voting or on election day or by mail-in ballot.
  • Early voting starts on Monday October 26, 2020 and goes through Monday, November 2, 2020. Anyone in line at 8 pm will be allowed to vote.
  • On election day, you can vote at any election day vote center in the county in which you live. The list of election day vote centers will be updated as it is finalized. On election day, vote centers are open continuously from 7 am until 8 pm on. Anyone in line at 8 pm will be allowed to vote.
If you are unable to vote during early voting or on election day, you may vote by absentee ballot. Find out more information about mail-in voting.

PDF showing the voting centers. This list will be expanded based on Hogan's plan approval.... Early Voting Centers – 2020 Elections

Hogan OKs plan for voting centers in Maryland

DaSDGuy

Where do I find out?
The only location set so far is the HVFD for all early voting and also the General Election of 11/4. They will have a drop box for if you wish to vote by mail and don't trust the post office to be any better than the last 15 years. Other locations, such as high schools TBD.

One note: if you request an absentee ballot the poll books will reflect that you have requested a ballot so PLEASE mail in the ballot or drop it into one of the election drop boxes. HVFD will have one and so will the election HQ in Leonardtown (new location is the old Leonardtown Library). If you go to the polls to physically vote after requesting an absentee ballot you will be required to vote provisional and its a longer process. Your Provisional vote will count if your absentee ballot is not received and processed.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We lost our local polling place....they had to close the association building on the island. Can't walk to go vote any more. ;-(

We've been moved to join the other folks voting at Piney Point Elementary.

awpitt

Main Streeter
The current plan entails the set up of “voting centers”. This is partly due to the shortage of Election Judges to staff the regular polling places. It is not likely that any of us will be voting at our regular polling place in November. Instead, it will likely be at the Early Voting site at the HVFD for early voting which starts on Oct 26th. For Election day, the State Board of Elections has added the high schools as “voting centers”. I don’t know what the final list will be but each voter will be allowed to vote at any “voting center” in the county.

Last edited:

Tech

The current plan entails the set up of “voting centers”. This is partly due to the shortage of Election Judges to staff the regular polling places. It is not likely that any of us will be voting at our regular polling place in November. Instead, it will likely be at the Early Voting site at the HVFD for early voting which starts on Oct 29th. For Election day, the State Board of Elections has added the high schools as “voting centers”. I don’t know what the final list will be but each voter will be allowed to vote at any “voting center” in the county.
Voting in any poll place in St. Mary's for county residents should be okay since there are no different ballots for different section of the county.

My concern, if there is a shortage of judges and they consolidate precincts, could the new centers handle the load?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
The current plan entails the set up of “voting centers”. This is partly due to the shortage of Election Judges to staff the regular polling places. It is not likely that any of us will be voting at our regular polling place in November. Instead, it will likely be at the Early Voting site at the HVFD for early voting which starts on Oct 29th. For Election day, the State Board of Elections has added the high schools as “voting centers”. I don’t know what the final list will be but each voter will be allowed to vote at any “voting center” in the county.
Seems to be different than the state election site that says it will start on the Oct 26th. https://elections.maryland.gov/elections/2020/index.html

jrt_ms1995

I read you could just write your choices on a postcard or the back, outside of an envelope and mail to DNC, Washington, D.C.; they'll sort through all the mess of aggregating and getting the counts accurate. Don't forget, you pay the postage. :whistle:

Reactions: BOP

SamSpade

I guess I'm then trying to decide if I just vote early - because there's extremely little chance my vote is going to change - or just wait till Election Day and possibly wait in a long line.

I swear the chaos over this election is going to make us the laughing stock of the world. It's going to take longer to figure out who's President than at any time in the last 100 years, because people are afraid of doing something they typically do every other day - stand in line wearing a mask and social distancing.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I guess I'm then trying to decide if I just vote early - because there's extremely little chance my vote is going to change - or just wait till Election Day and possibly wait in a long line.

I swear the chaos over this election is going to make us the laughing stock of the world. It's going to take longer to figure out who's President than at any time in the last 100 years, because people are afraid of doing something they typically do every other day - stand in line wearing a mask and social distancing.

We're most likely going to be early voting.

Tech

Looks like they are trying to have early voting at Hollywood fire and Great Mills High school.
Election day at Great Mills, Hollywood, Matgaret Brent and Leonardtown High.