So where's the Kraken?

Dakota

~~~~~~~
"All truth passes thru 3 stages. 1st, it is ridiculed. 2nd it's violently opposed. 3rd, it's accepted as being self-evident." Schopenhauer ;)

rmorse

And did anyone see Kamala Harris completely blow it lying about celebrating Kwanzaa saying she celebrated as a small child and the elders... 😂🤣🤣 it is hysterical listening to her talk about a celebration that was first created in 1966 when she was 2 fricken years old.

They cannot lie like they used to with the internet.

I was negative 20 years old when Kwanza was created but wasn't it fairly popular when it first came about? I'm not following what you're saying...if it was created when she was 2, it would be feasible to imagine her remembering celebrating it with her family as a small child.

Hijinx

Kids who grew up believing in Santa also grow up believing in religion.

☕

No doubt. But as they grew they learned to separate fact from fiction unlike the Kwaanza and Scientologist hoax.
And before you attack Christians there is historical evidence of Christ although some may not believe in Christianity or His miracles a man named Jesus existed.

rmorse

No doubt. But as they grew they learned to separate fact from fiction unlike the Kwaanza and Scientologist hoax.
And before you attack Christians there is historical evidence of Christ although some may not believe in Christianity or His miracles a man named Jesus existed.

I obviously said it tongue-in-cheek. There’s evidence of both sides and it comes down to faith. I’m not a huge fan, at all, of religion. I think organized religion has done far more evil than good over the history of the world. But I’m not about to knock someone’s faith.

Hijinx

I obviously said it tongue-in-cheek. There’s evidence of both sides and it comes down to faith. I’m not a huge fan, at all, of religion. I think organized religion has done far more evil than good over the history of the world. But I’m not about to knock someone’s faith.

I disagree . IMO Most of the real laws we have come from a religion of sorts, and the Ten Commandments.
Now I suppose one could argue that the Ten Commandments were made up by people with common sense who saw wrongs being done murders and lies and corruption and decided to make up these rules to live by and that they did not come to Moses from God. That is an argument that can be made. but many of todays real laws do have a background in common with the Ten Commandments.
I know of many horrible things done by religions over the years , the Inquisition, the Crusades, one religion against another, but all in all religion in some form even for those who do not believe is what makes the world civilized. The fight against religion in this country is a fight that may one day bring about Communism, and anarchy.

rmorse

I disagree . IMO Most of the real laws we have come from a religion of sorts, and the Ten Commandments.
Now I suppose one could argue that the Ten Commandments were made up by people with common sense who saw wrongs being done murders and lies and corruption and decided to make up these rules to live by and that they did not come to Moses from God. That is an argument that can be made. but many of todays real laws do have a background in common with the Ten Commandments.
I know of many horrible things done by religions over the years , the Inquisition, the Crusades, one religion against another, but all in all religion in some form even for those who do not believe is what makes the world civilized. The fight against religion in this country is a fight that may one day bring about Communism, and anarchy.

This is a conversation to have over beer, not in this thread.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Kids who grew up believing in Santa also grow up believing in religion.

☕

One doesn't believe in religion, they follow it.

One doesn't believe in God, they have faith in God.

You can be religious about your faith in God, while not following a religion.

Because you follow a religion doesn't mean you have faith in God.

rmorse

One doesn't believe in religion, they follow it.

One doesn't believe in God, they have faith in God.

Disagree on the first; agree on the second. Religion introduces a lot of things you need to “believe” in. For example, the Eucharistic Miracle. Furthermore, for Catholics, you decree your belief every single mass. That isn’t the faith part; that is the belief.

Again, this is a conversation that isn’t appropriate for this thread (which is 100% my fault; I shouldn’t have taken the thread this direction) and it’s too much to do in writing.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Disagree on the first; agree on the second. Religion introduces a lot of things you need to “believe” in. For example, the Eucharistic Miracle. Furthermore, for Catholics, you decree your belief every single mass. That isn’t the faith part; that is the belief.

Again, this is a conversation that isn’t appropriate for this thread (which is 100% my fault; I shouldn’t have taken the thread this direction) and it’s too much to do in writing.

Before we abandon this topic, I want to make an important point/distinction. The word "believe" used in the New Testament is not a word of acknowledgement. The word "believe" means "to commit". It wasn't enough to just say "yeah, I believe that Jesus and Yahweh exist". Satan does as much. Jesus wanted his followers to make a commitment to him and God. And He didn't want us to make such a commitment to some dogmatic organization, run by people that aim to establish tenets outside of Christ's.