So which restaurants take reservations? And why is this in Tech?

TCROW

Sounds useful. It will be nice if they can expand outside of the pilot cities listed in the article.

Lots will avoid due to privacy issues and not turning over their info to the googlePlex. I get it, but it’s always cool to look at the new tech. Know the risks this tech introduces to your life, mitigate where possible, and have fun with it.

glhs837

Power with Control
Sounds useful. It will be nice if they can expand outside of the pilot cities listed in the article.

Lots will avoid due to privacy issues and not turning over their info to the googlePlex. I get it, but it’s always cool to look at the new tech. Know the risks this tech introduces to your life, mitigate where possible, and have fun with it.

I should have linked a newer article. None of them had the demo

https://www.phonedog.com/2019/03/06/google-duplex-restaurant-reservations-43-u-s-states

The seven states that aren't included in this Duplex rollout are Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, and Texas. As for why Duplex isn't coming to those states right now, Google gave The Verge the following statement:

"As we continue to bring Duplex technology to more users across the country, we want to ensure that we carefully respect local/state laws. We’re actively working to reach full coverage, but don’t have a timeline to share at this time."

And I agree, you should always understand exactly what the effects are for any tech and either accept and mitigate or opt out. Buddy and I had this sort of conversation regarding high tech driving aids. Most people wont bother learning and just accept, then later complain/file lawsuits.