So who had trick or treaters?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I didn't turn on the porch lights. But I also didn't see anyone walking the road.

Seems over the past few years, Trick and Trunk gatherings are taking favor. All the treats in one place, parents don't have to spend all night walking the streets, and a good time is had by all.

Blame people like TPD....

OccamsRazor

I had a few. What gets me are the people that drive their kids around in cars or golf carts and just drop them to pick up candy. Most, if not all of them, definitely able to walk on their own. A majority of them looked like they could benefit from the exercise too!

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
We had one trick or treater, and that only happened because Son went and picked him up and brought him back to our house.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Had to do an inventory.
About 15 glow bracelets left out of 150.
No bubbles left out of 100.
No bouncy balls left out of 100.
A bunch of little character figurine toys left, maybe 50 or so.
About 25 sticker packs left.
No Halloween pencils out of 50 left.
Half the candy still here.

I didn't do any handing out but Mrs. NBP who posted up at the end of the driveway said that a lot of kids were taking/choosing the toys instead of candy.

PeoplesElbow

I've explained it before but my home town coordinates a set time. They say trick or treat is between 6-8PM and puts a flier in the water bill. They even change the day if it conflicts with a home highschool football game. Everyone there treats, I had never even heard about the porch light thing till I moved here.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I've explained it before but my home town coordinates a set time. They say trick or treat is between 6-8PM and puts a flier in the water bill. They even change the day if it conflicts with a home highschool football game. Everyone there treats, I had never even heard about the porch light thing till I moved here.

Neither had we. We do have some people here in the Beach who have a porch light competition to go with the "My house is taller" competition among others.

A lot of places do set Halloween hours, we do here to the chagrin of some adults who want to start earlier, and I've seen towns like yours that will switch days (where I grew up would never have it on a Sunday because of a couple of the church congregations complaining).

Freefaller

Went to my sons house in Wildwood to spend Halloween with my grandkids. I stayed on the porch to pass out candy while they took the kids around to do their trick-or-treating. We must have had a few hundred kids visit. It was great seeing all the kids in their costumes. On a side note, I did not see one kid or adult wearing a covid mask!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I didn't turn on the porch lights.
I did not either as I was scheduled to work at Lowe's and the Mrs. had a project to catch up on for work.
Initial reports I've read is that traffic was a little lighter this year, but still a good turn out.

snowygirl

There were a bunch of kids in my neighborhood. It lasted until about 8:30 or so.Before it even got dark a couple of kids rang my doorbell even though I had the light off.

PeoplesElbow

When I lived in an apartment building back in the early 2000s I had kids that were too old and no costumes ring my bell after 1100 for candy. They were obviously not from the neighborhood and I doubt their parents worked. I got out of bed just to yell at them.

CPUSA

I've typically lived in solitary areas that don't get many, if any trick or treaters.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
No children in the neighborhood any more. We used to get the roving mobs in minivans, but we never turn on the outside lights unless someone is coming or leaving after dark.