So, who you got as the 5 best teams in the NFL ...

right now?

I really don't know what to make of the situation in the NFL this year. I don't think anyone from the NFC East is among the league's best. The Ravens? Falcons? Steelers? The Bucs? (I keed, I keed)

SOMDRAVEN

Big Dog Daddy
Ravens
Steelers
Patriots
Jets
Skins

I give the Ravens the edge over the Steelers since the Ravens beat them last week. With or without Ben. Lol The Steelers look to be very balanced. I think they can be dangerous. The Pats have looked good even though they have one of the worst defenses in the league. Jet's have won three in a row and their D is top notch. We will c how they play against the Silver Fox & the bearded mammoth tonight. Some will def disagree here, but the Skins, if they can be consistent, can be a team to reckon with. They proved that to me beating GB yesterday.

Otter

Nothing to see here
right now?

I really don't know what to make of the situation in the NFL this year. I don't think anyone from the NFC East is among the league's best. The Ravens? Falcons? Steelers? The Bucs? (I keed, I keed)

There is no dominant team out there, every team has weaknesses that can be exploited. Wouldn't surprise me to see a bunch of 8-6 teams vying for division titles and wild card spots in week 15.

RPMDAD

Have said this before i will be happy if the skins go 8 and 8. They just can't get their O moving, they have to stop depending on the D and the field goal kicker to put the points on the board. McNabb's hands are tied with no running game other than him or passing. The commentators mentioned that multiple times yesterday and sadly to say it is true.

Rael

Supper's Ready
right now?

I don't know what to make of it either, so far (too early for me to even venture a guess). When you have two 3-2 teams with completely different stats (Green Bay 119 PF & 89 PA and Arizona 88 PF & 138 PA, it sounds like it could be any one of them.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Jets
Ravens
Steelers
Titans
Giants

If I had to pick 5 teams.

You can't leave out the Saints, Colts and Patriots as either of them could bust out. The Bears will probably win the NFC North because they have a healthy defense. They've never had a potent offense in the playoffs, it's always been with defense.

thurley42

HY;FR
Jets
Ravens
Steelers
Titans
Giants

If I had to pick 5 teams.

You can't leave out the Saints, Colts and Patriots as either of them could bust out. The Bears will probably win the NFC North because they have a healthy defense. They've never had a potent offense in the playoffs, it's always been with defense.

Bears defense = 43 points yesterday...:boxing:

Beta84

They're out to get us
It's tough this year because the teams we thought would be on top don't really seem to be (Saints, Colts, Vikings, Cowboys, etc).

1) Steelers
2) Ravens
3) Jets
4) Falcons
5) Packers

I think the Steelers deserve #1...they were playing with a 4th string QB and barely lost to the Ravens. Don't give me that "with or without Ben" crap. He makes a difference. The Ravens gave them a great game and beat the Jets, so #2. The Jets have been good, but the Ravens beat them and look better (even though some call it a fluke). The Falcons and Packers have been the class of the NFC, so they round out the top 5, but it's obvious this season has been AFC-dominated. The Packers would rank higher but their injuries have slowed them down. When they get healthier, they have #1 potential. That's why I have them ahead of the Bears, who should otherwise be rated higher than them based on record and head-to-head.

There are a TON of teams that could argue for that 5th spot. Just so many 3-2 or better teams out there. There will definitely be a few 9-7 or 8-8 playoff teams, moreso than usual.

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
It's tough this year because the teams we thought would be on top don't really seem to be (Saints, Colts, Vikings, Cowboys, etc).

1) Steelers
2) Ravens
3) Jets
4) Falcons
5) Packers

I think the Steelers deserve #1...they were playing with a 4th string QB and barely lost to the Ravens. Don't give me that "with or without Ben" crap. He makes a difference. The Ravens gave them a great game and beat the Jets, so #2. The Jets have been good, but the Ravens beat them and look better (even though some call it a fluke). The Falcons and Packers have been the class of the NFC, so they round out the top 5, but it's obvious this season has been AFC-dominated. The Packers would rank higher but their injuries have slowed them down. When they get healthier, they have #1 potential. That's why I have them ahead of the Bears, who should otherwise be rated higher than them based on record and head-to-head.

There are a TON of teams that could argue for that 5th spot. Just so many 3-2 or better teams out there. There will definitely be a few 9-7 or 8-8 playoff teams, moreso than usual.
I bet that killed you to say!!

Oh and :smack:

T

toppick08

I bet that killed you to say!!

Oh and :smack:

BTW...last Friday,...you need to slow that yellow Pony down at Billingsley Road at 7:42 on your way up the road...You see me wave ?...you scared my mama..:bawl:...:lol:...:huggy:

Sounded good....:patriot:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No particular order

Ravens. Have all the pieces plus a motivated, last chance Ray Lewis. Flacco and playoff pressure is my only concern

Steelers. They beat the Ravens with Ben.

Pats. It's the Pats.

Jets. Kinda like the Ravens but, with a few more questions. Dec 19 at Heinz is going to be way fun.

5. The field, lead by the Chargers who are stunningly good yet stunningly frustrating. The Colts are done, I think. I also thought the Pats were done so, :shrug: . The NFC is just as likely to be won by the Giants as the Pack or Vikes or Saints. Then, we got Cinncy, Houston, Miami, Titans, a bunch of 8-8/9-6 ish teams that could pull it all together at the end. Hell, you can throw the Skins in there having a chance. They could finish 10-6 and go all the way. Or 6-10. Same with the Eagles, Cowboys and, maybe, the Falcons.
Just a fun, fun season so far.

And Dallas is a gasping fish out of water. Always a good time. :evil:

JoeR

I think the Steelers deserve #1...they were playing with a 4th string QB and barely lost to the Ravens. Don't give me that "with or without Ben" crap. He makes a difference.

Thank you. He does make a big difference. Considering Flacco is 2 and 4 against the Steelers. 2-0 against Dixon/Batch and 0-4 against Ben.

T

toppick08

Big Ben will be taken out on a stretcher this Sunday....good riddance...watch what I say...:popcorn:

SOMDRAVEN

Big Dog Daddy
Roth is def a good QB but by reading this post though you would think that the Steelers would have easily beat the Ravens had he played. They have great battles regardless of who is playing. The Ravens have beat the Steelers numerous times with Roth. 2004,2005,won both games in 2006, and 2007. Granted the last two were w/o him. But you win and lose as a team not because of one player. Its not the Ravens fault them he did something stupid and got suspended. I guess i could just say that if Ed Reed had been playing, one of the biggest game changing players in the game, that the Ravens have won by 20. Ed Reed is just as important on defense as Ben is on offense and neither one of them played.

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
Why? I'm not a Steeler hater. I just piss on them to piss you off!! :evil:

and :smack: :smack:

That you do. On the 24th, we are going to Hard Times in Waldorf to watch the Steelers/Fins game. My friend is a big time Miami fan. She'll be rockin her Miami jersey and I'll be rockin my Steelers. You should come and watch it up there.

Damn, I almost forgot.............. :smack:

Beta84

They're out to get us
Roth is def a good QB but by reading this post though you would think that the Steelers would have easily beat the Ravens had he played. They have great battles regardless of who is playing. The Ravens have beat the Steelers numerous times with Roth. 2004,2005,won both games in 2006, and 2007. Granted the last two were w/o him. But you win and lose as a team not because of one player. Its not the Ravens fault them he did something stupid and got suspended. I guess i could just say that if Ed Reed had been playing, one of the biggest game changing players in the game, that the Ravens have won by 20. Ed Reed is just as important on defense as Ben is on offense and neither one of them played.
I'm not saying Pitt would have easily defeated the Ravens, but it does matter. And Ed Reed may be an important player on defense, but the most important position in the NFL is the QB. That's all there is to it.

That you do. On the 24th, we are going to Hard Times in Waldorf to watch the Steelers/Fins game. My friend is a big time Miami fan. She'll be rockin her Miami jersey and I'll be rockin my Steelers. You should come and watch it up there.

Damn, I almost forgot.............. :smack:
Oooo that could be good, I'll see what I'm doing but maybe I should come up for that one! :smack: :smack:

Looks like the Pats need to replace the Ravens in that top 5. That conservative offense to finish the game was pathetic. FIRE CAM CAMERON!!!!!