So why not Gorsuch?

Midnightrider

Doesn't bode well how for Kavanaugh? The whole thing is a complete lie and setup. He is going to be confirmed tomorrow.

I agree, they should vote tomorrow and unless there is some crazy revelation today they should confirm him.

That still leaves that unanswered question. It’s hard to explain, particularly if you take the stance that the Dems are evil and will stop at nothing to derail trumps presidency.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That unanswered question does not bode well for Kavanaugh.

However, the Answer was already given. Gorsouch was considered a done deal. They had no ability to stop it and if they did trump could have appointed someone they found worse. This time the left is banking on a swing in one of the houses to give them some leverage.

But you said that you do not believe these accusations. And I consider you a fairly faithful Dem. So if you don't believe it, is it hard to think that other sane Dem voters don't believe it either? And that the only ones who *do* believe it are brainwashed bots?

The Dem Senators are playing with fire. This character assassination attempt, attacking Republican officials in restaurants....I firmly believe they are turning off the moderates and it will hurt them in November.

Midnightrider

But you said that you do not believe these accusations. And I consider you a fairly faithful Dem. So if you don't believe it, is it hard to think that other sane Dem voters don't believe it either? And that the only ones who *do* believe it are brainwashed bots?

The Dem Senators are playing with fire. This character assassination attempt, attacking Republican officials in restaurants....I firmly believe they are turning off the moderates and it will hurt them in November.

Well I’m not a dem :shrug:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Kavanaugh has a lot of issues that make his qualifications questionable.

Really, Be Specific Now, What do YOUR Handlers Tell You .

Anyone or Anything that does not conform to YOUR World View is Either Ignorant, Uneducated or Selfish .....

Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.

Fantasy, Supposition, Innuendo and Unfounded OPINION

PsyOps

Pixelated
It’s hard to explain, particularly if you take the stance that the Dems are evil and will stop at nothing to derail trumps presidency.

They will try, and try hard. So far their tricks haven't worked too well. They seem to have forgotten that they are doing everything they did to defeat Trump in the general, and failed. They hail from the realm of insanity. There's a big part of me that wants them to keep up this insanity, because it will only result in more losses. But, I'm not comfortable with the trade-off of destroying peoples' lives over it.

I also have to tell you, with their fascist methods, it scares me if they were to ever regain control.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Unless they were hoping to stall until after the midterms; take over the House; initiate impeachment hearings; and insist that Trump cannot seat a Justice when he is facing impeachment.

That Too ........ Salmonella has said as much

Midnightrider

Could have fooled me. You take up every single one of their mantras...except for this one, which is why I'm interested in your take.
That’s just not true. You call me a lib because I call bs on the crap that gets thrown around here as truth. I’m not a birther, I don’t think Obama was a Muslim, I don’t think that Hillary has killed hundreds of people, I don’t accept trumps lies, and I don’t think the sun rises and sets in trumps ass. None of those things makes me a dem.
They will try, and try hard. So far their tricks haven't worked too well. They seem to have forgotten that they are doing everything they did to defeat Trump in the general, and failed. They hail from the realm of insanity. There's a big part of me that wants them to keep up this insanity, because it will only result in more losses. But, I'm not comfortable with the trade-off of destroying peoples' lives over it.

I also have to tell you, with their fascist methods, it scares me if they were to ever regain control.

But they didn’t even try with gorsuch. I think the biggest reason is as I said, they considered that nomination a done deal and they might get someone ‘worse’ if they blocked him. But that does not explain the fact not one crazy person came forward with crazy allegations.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That’s just not true. You call me a lib because I call bs on the crap that gets thrown around here as truth. I’m not a birther, I don’t think Obama was a Muslim, I don’t think that Hillary has killed hundreds of people, I don’t accept trumps lies, and I don’t think the sun rises and sets in trumps ass. None of those things makes me a dem.

Tut tut. I recall one of our first disagreements on here - the Duke Lacrosse accusation. Remember? You were ADAMANT that those horrible rich boys raped that poor black female "student" who was also a "professional dancer" in her spare time.

But being neither here nor there....

Midnightrider

Tut tut. I recall one of our first disagreements on here - the Duke Lacrosse accusation. Remember? You were ADAMANT that those horrible rich boys raped that poor black female "student" who was also a "professional dancer" in her spare time.

But being neither here nor there....
How is that a liberal issue? And that’s my point. You guys call anyone who takes an opposing position a liberal.

Makavide

Not too talkative
I don't recall the Dems going after Neil Gorsuch like they're doing Kavanaugh. Why not? Gorsuch went to Gtown Prep, too, so if it was one big rape ring surely he was a participant, or at least knew of it. He also was appointed by Trump. Not a lot of difference between Kavanaugh and Gorsuch, so why are they going balls to the wall after Brett and Gorsuch pretty much sailed through?

If it were payback for Garland, well, Gorsuch was the one who took "Garland's slot". So by all rights he's the one they should have been going scorched earth with.

The difference between Kavanaugh and Gorsuch is the timing. The call along is "we are moving too fast, we need time to look over everything". Everytime some new accusation came out - the call is to slow the process down.

if the confirmation vote happens before the November election, there are a couple of democratic senotors who will have to vote for confirmation if they hope to keep their seat. if the confirmation vote gets postponed long enough, they get re-elected and can vote anyway they want on the confirmation.

PsyOps

Pixelated
How is that a liberal issue? And that’s my point. You guys call anyone who takes an opposing position a liberal.

Because it's what liberals do... defend women even when they are wrong. Automatically assuming that because those boys were boys, they just had to be guilty. Well, everyone who knee-jerked into believing Crystal Mangum were wrong. They decided not to wait until the facts came out and just assumed those boys had to be guilty. It's what liberals do.

What's your take on Keith Ellison?

Last edited: