SoCal on fire

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this already. A brush fire broke out in Simi Valley and winds took it all the way down to Malibu so far. Celebrities are running for their lives (but continuing to tweet about it).

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
California is always burning… Or shaking… Or sliding down a muddy hill…

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this already. A brush fire broke out in Simi Valley and winds took it all the way down to Malibu so far. Celebrities are running for their lives (but continuing to tweet about it).

Maybe because nobody cares about the Hollyweirds in Malibu. Or, maybe because most of practice “if you have nothing nice to say...”

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The Paradise fire, up in NorCal is bad, too. A friend of mine sold her 5 acres /house last year and moved farther north to Altura. Her old house is gone. Another friends in-laws made it out, but have lost everything.

Hijinx

The Paradise fire, up in NorCal is bad, too. A friend of mine sold her 5 acres /house last year and moved farther north to Altura. Her old house is gone. Another friends in-laws made it out, but have lost everything.

We may have Kalifornia's politicians, but at least we don't have their other problems of Mother Nature.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yes it's heartbreaking to lose everything you own like that. I certainly have empathy for them, and I Thank God Maryland does not face this sort of thing every year.

Yes, but we have hurricanes and an occasional tornado.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Wow

truby20

Fighting like a girl
Yes, but we have hurricanes and an occasional tornado.

I'd take any of those over a fire (or earthquake!) that can strike with little to no warning and cause such extreme destruction. Those videos of people escaping overnight are terrifying.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'd take any of those over a fire (or earthquake!) that can strike with little to no warning and cause such extreme destruction. Those videos of people escaping overnight are terrifying.

I'm from California and have been through plenty of earthquakes. The only one that really bothered me was the Loma Prieta Quake. When we had the quake here 7 (?) years ago, it was a little blast of home for me. :lol:

truby20

Fighting like a girl
I'm from California and have been through plenty of earthquakes. The only one that really bothered me was the Loma Prieta Quake. When we had the quake here 7 (?) years ago, it was a little blast of home for me. :lol:

The one here was the first I ever experienced, once was enough!

Hijinx

Are large wildfires like this named like hurricanes or something? They keep calling it Camp Fire on the news channels which led me to believe that a campfire started it.

I think they usually name them after where they start.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Are large wildfires like this named like hurricanes or something? They keep calling it Camp Fire on the news channels which led me to believe that a campfire started it.

Nerd alert! They kept calling it the "Woolsey Fire" so I ran it down. It started as a brushfire on Woolsey Street in Simi Valley. They're saying it now covers 54 sq. miles.

PsyOps

Pixelated
This is what pandering to environmentalists looks like. They refuse to allow clearing of dry underbrush because it could also have the consequence killing some trees. So, they'd rather have all of their trees destroyed with fires; AND all of that wonderful environmentally-friendly smoke. AND all of those homes destroyed and lives lost. AND ammonia phosphate used to put these fires out are harmful to breathe. AND all of the resources used to try to put the fires out, year, after year, after year.

The people of CA are like "I lost my house and my grandmother died, but I'm going to keep electing the same people that pander to environmentalists that allow these fires to destroy more lives" :crazy: