Social Security Raise

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
COLA went up about 1.3% this year, next year they are looking at 'as high as' 6.1%.

Estimates for the 2022 COLA range from 4.5 percent from Moody's Analytics to 6.1 percent from The Senior Citizens League. Economist Bill McBride, who writes the finance and economics blog Calculated Risk, estimates the 2022 COLA at 5.5 percent.

In contrast, the increase that went into effect in January 2021 was 1.3 percent, or an average of about $20 a month for individuals. A 5 percent increase would boost the average monthly benefit by about $77.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Not to change the subject, but wasn't there a bar down in that neck of the woods called Sisters Place or something like that?
I believe back in my Rock Star days, there was a place called Sis's Hideaway somewhere down on Rt 5. What a venue to become famous at... :larry:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Not to change the subject, but wasn't there a bar down in that neck of the woods called Sisters Place or something like that?
Yes, on the right after the curve on Rt. 5 just past the Confederate monument.

I believe back in my Rock Star days, there was a place called Sis's Hideaway somewhere down on Rt 5. What a venue to become famous at... :larry:
It was just Hideaway Bar. I spent many hours there as a youngin', and again when I was of legal age. I barely remember passing out on the Hideaway parking lot....like, literally ON the parking lot.

Also down that way was Duffy's Tavern, Triangle Tavern, many incarnations of Monk's Inn, etc. It was a fun place to grown up.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Yes, on the right after the curve on Rt. 5 just past the Confederate monument.
My brother tells the story that back in the late '80's he and my sister-in-law brought my parents down to visit. I had to work so everyone decided to check out Point Lookout. They stopped in to either get directions or something to drink. Sitting at the bar was a nun in full habit. My brother being a good Roman Catholic was sure to pay his respects.

Grumpy

My brother tells the story that back in the late '80's he and my sister-in-law brought my parents down to visit. I had to work so everyone decided to check out Point Lookout. They stopped in to either get directions or something to drink. Sitting at the bar was a nun in full habit. My brother being a good Roman Catholic was sure to pay his respects.
Used to hang out at an Atlantic(later Arco) gas station in the late 60s, it was across the street from the rectory for St Matthias Church(Catholic) in Lanham. The parish priest was Father Hughes(Edward Albert Hughes). At the time, we were all 16/17 (under age) but we had big poker games in the back room and he would join us, drinking with us and playing cards. Even then we were well aware of catholic priests but he never bothered any of us, and me, being raised catholic, knew him and he was very good friends with my parents. He never said a word to them. He had some of the best jokes(dirty) and was always a great addition to our poker games. He later married me to my ex wife.

I should note that the wikipedia article is wrong, he was the parish priest at St Matthias in the late 60s until 70/71, then he went to St Francis de Sales on Rhode Island ave in DC in 72 or so, he was the pastor there when I got married in 73.

Last edited: