social security?

BuddyLee

Football addict
i just want to hear a little insight of what people think of the social security program and the way its depleting itself to run out in the year 2035...................:burning:

BullDawg

Duck Molester
Originally posted by BuddyLee
i just want to hear a little insight of what people think of the social security program and the way its depleting itself to run out in the year 2035...................:burning:
It's just another tax in my opinion. You're young. Spend time now worrying about what's gonna be in your 401K vs what's not gonna be in your social security check and you'll be a lot better off in your ripe old age.

BuddyLee

Football addict
yeah

yeah theres no doubt in my mind that ill have anything from social security lol. im going to save the ole fashioned way lol:burning:

BullDawg

Duck Molester
Re: yeah

yeah theres no doubt in my mind that ill have anything from social security lol. im going to save the ole fashioned way lol:burning:
Question is, have you started? If not, what are you waiting for...

Pete

Repete
Social security will never die. End of Story. It has become a staple, relied upon, a given. Too many people are on it, will be on it. There is no way it will or can go away. They will raise the tax, prop it up, tweek and peak it. There would be no tollerance for starving old people on the street.

BuddyLee

Football addict
wait a minute

wait a minute dont we starve old people on the street now while were over rebuilding other countries?lol :burning:

Pete

Repete
Re: wait a minute

wait a minute dont we starve old people on the street now while were over rebuilding other countries?lol :burning:
no:burning:

BuddyLee

Football addict
oh yeah

oh yeah i dont know what the public would hate more. old people dying on the streets or higher taxes lol:burning:

Pete

Repete
Re: oh yeah

oh yeah i dont know what the public would hate more. old people dying on the streets or higher taxes lol:burning:
old people dying in the street:burning:

BuddyLee

Football addict
truth

the truth is they have no back up plan yet. the baby boomers are going to take everything away. no offense to baby boomers its not your fault you were born then. but nothing will be left. ESPECIALLY if the government takes less than a quarter of social security money and puts it in other programs!!:burning:

BuddyLee

Football addict
yeah sure

yeah sure the world isnt perfect im sorry. lol. take a walk inside a city and get outside of st. marys lol.

Pete

Repete
Re: truth

the truth is they have no back up plan yet. the baby boomers are going to take everything away. no offense to baby boomers its not your fault you were born then. but nothing will be left. ESPECIALLY if the government takes less than a quarter of social security money and puts it in other programs!!:burning:
The truth is that Congress is very nimble and will be forced to make the system work. It may require any number of things to keep it going but it will keep going.:burning:

BullDawg

Duck Molester
Originally posted by Pete
Social security will never die. End of Story. It has become a staple, relied upon, a given. Too many people are on it, will be on it. There is no way it will or can go away. They will raise the tax, prop it up, tweek and peak it. There would be no tollerance for starving old people on the street.
It's not that it'll die, it just won't be worth anything. When I retire in 25 or so years, the ratio of ss contributors to ss dependents will be much smaller than it is today. I remember hearing numbers in college that it would be around 3:1 in 2030, now it is something around 10:1. You don't have to be a math professor to realize that ss needs a major overhaul.

Pete

Repete
Re: yeah sure

yeah sure the world isnt perfect im sorry. lol. take a walk inside a city and get outside of st. marys lol.
Don't give me that crap, I have traveled more extensively than you can imagine.:burning:

BuddyLee

Football addict
but but but lol

but how do you know? i mean many systems have failed this one hasnt yet because it hasnt faced a problem such as this. how in the hell is congress going to get the money to pay for this HUGE bill. we are already over in debt. we are STILL paying for the CIVIL WAR!!!! :burning:

BullDawg

Duck Molester
Re: yeah sure

What's that go to do w/ your discussion of SS? Give me a break.

Pete

Repete
Re: but but but lol

but how do you know? i mean many systems have failed this one hasnt yet because it hasnt faced a problem such as this. how in the hell is congress going to get the money to pay for this HUGE bill. we are already over in debt. we are STILL paying for the CIVIL WAR!!!! :burning:
Print more money.:burning:

BuddyLee

Football addict
pete said

Originally posted by Pete

sorry bulldawg pete began it by saying the above lol. so i had to answer back sorry if your not keeping up lol.:burning: