Solar Installers

E

EmptyTimCup

I would need to cover the back yard in solar panels and spend 60k or higher to get off the grid

Does anyone know of a local company that will actually come out and look at your property to determine if you would be a good canidate for solar? The reason I ask is the only companies I have been able to find will just pull up a picture from google earth that is at least 2 years old and decline me even though much has changed since then.

Thanks!

SolarCity, They just finished with my system. Waiting for SMECO to change my meter, so I can turn them on. They came out and put meters on my roof to measure the intensity of the sun.

SolarCity: Affordable Solar Power

Last edited:

covekat

You are renting the system, you will never own it, isnt that how SolarCity works? It doesnt make sense, they are putting your roof to work for them... they get the to sell the SRECS too, not you.

All reputable companies will measure your access to sunlight, it's called a Pathfinder. You have to have a certain percentage to be eligible for grants...oh wait, you dont get those either do you?

As far as servicing your panels, and monitoring your roof, yep, you guessed it, reputable solar companies will do that too. Solar panels have a guarantee of 25 yrs, free replacement if something goes wrong.

It looks like a typical savings per month for a customer of Solar City is $30 bucks for a typical 3 bedroom house (according to their website).

We have customers who's grants have paid for half of their systems in cash, and their systems will be paid in full in a couple of years. So that equates to years and years of ZERO electric bills.

Biggest rip off out there IMO.

Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
SolarCity, They just finished with my system. Waiting for SMECO to change my meter, so I can turn them on. They came out and put meters on my roof to measure the intensity of the sun.

We spoke at length with SolarCity yesterday to see about putting one of their systems on our house.

In short, it is costly. To make a dent in our monthly electrical expense, we were offered a system for an initial out-of-pocket expense of $11,000, which would reduce our monthly SMECO bill by about 1/3. Obviously, there are other details to their proposal that I don't recall off of the top of my head. But I don't know about anybody else, but coming up with $11,000 right now isn't an option. :nomoney: They do have a "no-money-down" option, but that only reduces our electric bill by about $8 per month. :bigwhoop:

But the thing that most puzzles me is that with solar panels, they must be disengaged/deactivated during a heavy storm. So, when you most need the power, it is unavailable to you during a power outage. Makes no damn sense........

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
You know something else: I am always leery of businesses that bad mouth another company.

If your business is superior to another company, tell me why that is so. Don't blacklist the other company without being able to substantiate your claim. Tell me why you are so much better than any other choice out there.

:yay:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
You know something else: I am always leery of businesses that bad mouth another company.

If your business is superior to another company, tell me why that is so. Don't blacklist the other company without being able to substantiate your claim. Tell me why you are so much better than any other choice out there.

:yay:
Wow. She disappeared once we asked about price. :popcorn:

covekat

Call All In Energy Solutions for a free home estimate, it's impossible to give an estimate without seeing a years worth of electric bills for an average of your costs, and the location of your house.

If you look at what SolarCity offers, $8 bucks a month off, verses a system you will own within 5 yrs, plus 30% of the total cost of the system coming back to you in cash within 6 weeks after installation, plus another $5000 from the State it's pretty simple to see which program makes sense. Then there are energy credits to sell, and tax breaks...that other company offers zilch, because they own the system, you just rent it from them.

Last edited:
Call All In Energy Solutions for a free home estimate, it's impossible to give an estimate without seeing a years worth of electric bills for an average of your costs, and the location of your house.

If you look at what SolarCity offers, $8 bucks a month off, verses a system you will own within 5 yrs, plus 30% of the total cost of the system coming back to you in cash within 6 weeks after installation, plus another $5000 from the State it's pretty simple to see which program makes sense. Then there are energy credits to sell, and tax breaks...that other company offers zilch, because they own the system, you just rent it from them.

So far I've saved about $50 a month. Not bad for just letting them put panels on my roof, I wasn't using it anyway. And I didn't have to pay $10,000 for them. As covekat says, I don't own them. So if there is ever a problem, I don't have to fix them either. Oh well, just my opinion. It works for me, because I didn't have upfront cash to spend, or enough extra cash to finance a system. So this worked perfect for me.