Solar Power Installation

blacklabman

My system went on line Friday. Predicted to provide all power requirements with exception during July and August due to A/C. System is stated to provide 6,400 watts. I can monitor power generated via internet.

Bonehead

Good fookin luck to ya. I have never seen a solar system worth a flying fuk, without a battery bank which sucks maintenance wise and is dangerous to boot.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Our Aolar is awesome, and it's 2/3rd the size its supposed to be, normally we have to pay 'line charges' but never any electricity.

black dog

Free America
Good fookin luck to ya. I have never seen a solar system worth a flying fuk, without a battery bank which sucks maintenance wise and is dangerous to boot.

Funny how its worked well on my sailboat since 1990... What about my wind generator? is that a POS too?

PeoplesElbow

A house in my neighborhood has just had their solar panels removed, they couldn't have been on there more than a couple years. I'm really curious about why they were removed.

blacklabman

You should only need batteries if going off-grid.
On safari in Namibia, the ranch I hunted on was off-grid. The battery backup consisted off a large array of batteries, each one the size of a large trunk. Lead-acid I think.

Bonehead

You should only need batteries if going off-grid.
On safari in Namibia, the ranch I hunted on was off-grid. The battery backup consisted off a large array of batteries, each one the size of a large trunk. Lead-acid I think.
Probably lead acid with a DC house supply. It is a full time job to PM those batteries and the hydrogen generated is a time bomb.

blacklabman

What panels and inverter?
Panels: Trina 400 watt (16)
Inverter: SMA 5.0 US
Attach 0261 is power distribution center.
Other is panel installation looking north.

Attachments

• IMG_0261.jpg
    IMG_0261.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 165